MANILA, Philippines - The Commission on Higher Education opened its doors to expanding opportunities to faculty members and HEI's non-teaching staff in finishing their higher education degrees through the "Scholarships for Graduate Studies" program.
How to apply? What are the requirements for application in CHED scholarship program for Master's and Doctorate degree programs? Am I eligible? These are just three of the many questions being asked by all interested applicants. As per CHED Memorandum Order No. 3, series of 2016, all Philippine Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) are invited to submit nominations of eligible faculty and non-teaching staff for the 'K to 12 Transition Graduate Education full time scholarship' for Master's, Doctorate and Thesis/Dissertation grants for AY 2016-2017.
SEE ALSO: CHED Scholarship Abroad is now open for applications
The first batch of scholars for the call has already been processed and announced. Details of which are written in below article.
SEE ALSO: CHED Scholars for First Sem SY 2016-2017
HEIs may nominate faculty member or non-teaching staff provided he/she meets the following eligibility criteria:
- Must be a Filipino citizen and not more than 52 years of age for Master's and 50 years old for Doctorate
- Must be of good health and good moral character
- With good academic record
- Has no pending criminal offense(s)
- Will pursue the degree as aligned with his/her specialization
- Will fulfill the TOS set forth at CMO No. 3 series of 2016
The HEI is the only one responsible for the scholarship nomination of the faculty and staff. Sending Higher Education Institution (SHEI) must forward the following requirements to CHED on or before the date specified.
- Transcript of Records (TOR)
- One page thesis/dissertation proposal for faculty members with ongoing Master/Doctoral studies (Templates here)
- Re-entry plan and return of service contract (Templates here)
- Curriculum Vitae (Templates here)
- Proof of citizenship (NSO authenticated birth certificate, Information page of the passport or voter's ID)
- Medical certificate issued by the physician within 6 months together with medical examination results
- SHEI Nomination Form (shall be accomplished digitally and must be submitted via email at this address: email@example.com with the subject: SHEI Nominations - Name of School)
- SHEI Completed Faculty and Staff Development Plan
Above images are courtesy of the Commission on Higher Education.
Meanwhile, here is the full content of CHED CMO No. 3 Series of 2016, entitled 'Guidelines on Graduate Education Scholarship for Faculty and Staff in the K-12 Transition Period'.
NEXT BATCH OF GRADUATE SCHOLARS
The Commission on Higher Education announced the details of applications for second sem AY 2016-2017. The requirements and processes are likely the same as mentioned above. Here is the full article of the announcement.
SEE ALSO: CHED Scholarship for Masteral and Doctoral: Apply for Second Sem SY 2016-2017
We recommend our readers to refer to CHED official website for further information or to our Facebook and Twitter pages for up-to-date news on the scholarship application for next batches.