In this website you will find the LET Reviewers in General Education (Gen Ed), Professional Education (Prof Ed) and Major Area of Specialization.
In efforts of this portal to attend on requests from PRCBoard Facebook fan page members, we consolidated some of the questions which may likely help out takers during the exams.
- General Education (Gen. Ed.) Reviewer Summary
- Professional Education (Prof. Ed.) Reviewer Summary
- Majorship/ Area of Specialization Reviewer Summary
- How to Pass Licensure Exam? Tips from Board Passers
- LET Coverage of Exams
- Program for September 2016 Licensure Exam for Teachers (LET)
We encourage readers/ reviewees to use the comment boxes after the article for discussion. Meanwhile, answers are already incorporated below the questions.
SEE ALSO: LET Reviewer in Prof. Ed. Assessment and Evaluation of Learning Part 1, Part 2, Part 4
1. In a positively skewed distribution, the following statement are true except
a. Median is higher than the mode.
b. Mean is higher than the Media.
c. Mean is lower than the Mode.
d. Mean is not lower than the Mode.
2. Which of the following questions indicate a norm - referred interpretation?
a. How does the pupils test performance in our school compare with that of other schools?:
b. How does a pupil's test performance in reading and mathematics compare?
c. What type of remedial work will be most helpful for a slow- learning pupil?
d. Which pupils have achieved master of computational skills?
3. What is the performance of a student in the National Achievement Test (NAT) if he obtained/got a stanine score of 5?
a. Between average and above average
b. Between average and below average
c. Below average
4. Based on the figure, which is true about the distribution?
a. Mean=55, median=48, mode=34
b. Mean=46, median=40, mode=37
c. Mean=63, median=63, mode=63
d. The distribution is mesokrutic
5. If quartile deviation is to median, what is to mean?
a. Standard deviation
6. In a normal distribution, which of the following is true?
7. Which of the following situations may lower the validity of test?
a. Mrs. Josea increases the number of items measuring each specific skill from three to five.
b. Mr. Santosa simplifies the language in the directions for the test.
c. Miss. Lopeza removes the items in the achievement test that everyone would be able to answer correctly.
d. None of the above.
Answer: D 8. In a negatively skewed distribution, which of the following statements is true?
a. Mode is lower than the mean.
b. Mean is lower than the mode.
c. Median is higher than the mode.
d. Mode is lower than the median.
9. In a negatively skewed distribution, the following statements are true EXCEPT?
a. Mean is not higher than the median
b. Median is lower than the mode.
c. Mean is lower than the mode.
d. Mode is less than the median.
10. Miss Cortez administered a test to her class and the result is positively skewed. What kind of test do you think Miss Cortez gave to her pupils?
a. Post test
c. Mastery test
d. Criterion-referenced test
11. The result of the test given by teacher A showed a negatively skewed distribution. What kind of test did Teacher A give?
a. The test is difficult
b. It is not too easy nor too difficult
c. It is moderately difficult
d. It is easy
12. When the distribution is skewed to the right, what kind of test was administered?
c. Average/moderately difficult
d. Partly easy- partly difficult
13. In a negatively skewed distribution, what kind of students does Teacher B have?
a. Very good
b. Very poor
14. In a positively skewed distribution, the students are?
a. Very good
b. Very poor
d. Normally distributed
15. In a positively skewed distribution, which of the following statements is true?
a. Mode = 67 while Media = 54
b. Median = 53 while Mean = 41
c. Mean = 73 while Mode = 49
d. Median = 34 while Mode = 42
16. Which statements represent criterion-referenced interpretation?
a. Lucresia did better in solving the linear equation than 80% of representative Algebra students.
b. Lucresia's score indicates that she is able to solve about two thirds of all one-variable linear equations of such complexity.
c. Students who have reached Lucresia's level on linear equations usually succeed in the subsequent unit on simultaneous equations with special help or extra time; i.e., Lucresia is ready to move ahead.
d. All of the above
17. Bernard obtained a 97 percentile rank in an aptitude test. This means
a. He answered 97% of the items correctly.
b. He belongs to the 97% of the group who took the test.
c. 79% of the examinees did better than her on the test.
d. He surpassed 97% of those who took the test.
18. Which set of scores has the least variability?
Set 1 0,5,10,15,20
Set 2 25,35,45,55
Set 3 0,2,8,15,20
Set 4 505,501,503
a. Set 1
b. Set 2
c. Set 3
d. Set 4
19. Standard deviation is to variability as mode to?
c. Central tendency
d. Level of difficulty
20. Goring performed better than 65% of the total number of examinees in the district achievement test. What is his percentile rank?
21. Which is a guidance function of a test?
a. Identifying pupils who need corrective teaching
b. Predicting success in future academic and vocational education
c. Assigning marks for courses taken
d. Grouping pupils for instruction within a class
22. Mr. Reyes, an elementary school teacher in Science found out that many of his pupils got very high scores in the test. What measure of central tendency should he use to describe their average performance in the subject?
23. Which of the following indicates how compressed or expanded the distribution of scores is?
a. Measures of position
b. Measures of central tendency
c. Measures of correlation
d. Measures of variability
24. The proportion passing the upper and lower group is .80 and .95, respectively. What is the index of difficulty?
25. Mr. Gringo tried to correlate the scores of his pupils in the Social studies test with their grades in the same subject last 3rd quarter. What test validity is he trying to establish?
a. Content validity
b. Construct validity
c. Concurrent validity
d. Criterion related validity
DISCLAIMER: This website believes that education is a right, not a privilege. This portal does not claim ownership to any materials posted. Likewise, questions are not influenced by PRC professional regulatory board. The main purpose of the reviewer is to assist examinees who chose to review online.