In this website you will find the LET Reviewers in General Education (Gen Ed), Professional Education (Prof Ed) and Major Area of Specialization.
In efforts of this portal to attend on requests from PRCBoard Facebook fan page members, we consolidated some of the questions which may likely help out takers during the exams.
- General Education (Gen. Ed.) Reviewer Summary
- Professional Education (Prof. Ed.) Reviewer Summary
- Majorship/ Area of Specialization Reviewer Summary
- How to Pass Licensure Exam? Tips from Board Passers
- LET Coverage of Exams
We encourage readers/ reviewees to use the comment boxes after the article for discussion. Meanwhile, answers are already incorporated below the questions.
SEE ALSO: LET Reviewer in Prof. Ed. Educational Technology Part 1
1. Ms. Delos Santos is a fresh graduate teacher who was hired to teach in an elementary school where there are enough resources for instruction. She wanted to start preparing her instructional materials. Which is the most systematic process in doing this?
a. Design, utilization, evaluation, development
b. Design, development, utilization, evaluation
c. Development, design, utilization, evaluation
d. Development, utilization, evaluation, design
2. Which is the most important reason why teachers need to preview their instructional materials that will be used in the class?
a. To gain confidence in using them
b. To encourage viewers to be more focused
c. To avoid potential problems that might occur while materials are in use
d. To ensure appropriateness of the materials with the objectives and target audience
3. After Ms. Rivas planned her lesson in English, she found out that the materials at hand do not match her objectives. Which is the best thing that she can do?
a. Modify the available materials
b. Teach the lesson the following day.
c. Change the objectives to match with available materials.
d. Carry out the lesson as planned and use the materials at hand.
4. Prof. Balagtas used worksheets, manipulatives, and models in teaching math to help her students understand the lessons and love the subject. What did she bear in mind when she used these materials?
5. With increasing use of educational technology inside the classroom, what role is expected of the teacher?
c. Knowledge giver
d. Source of information
6. It is impractical to bring real objects to the classroom so Aaron constructed a three-dimensional visual instead. Which of the following did he construct?
d. Graphic organizer
7. You asked your students to show a two-dimensional illustration of what they have understood from what they have read. Which of the following non-projected visuals are you referring to?
a. Graphic organizer
b. Print materials
Answer: A 8. There are several reasons why teachers are reluctant in using electronic media in the teaching-learning process. Which is the most common reason?
a. The limited exposure of teachers to new equipment
b. Their incompatibility to diverse needs of the learners
c. The difficulty in integrating technology in the curriculum
d. The excessive availability of local technology in the community
9. Prof. Mandanas would like to use an audio compact disc in teaching a lesson in Filipino. In which activity in the teaching-learning process is it very effective?
a. In developing listening skills
b. In teaching creating thinking
c. In composing poems
d. In building concepts
10. Plants, pebbles, and blocks are just some of the effective instructional materials readily found in the environment if they are utilized properly. Which of the following is INCORRECT about their classroom use?
a. Pass a single object around the class.
b. Familiarize yourself with the object or model before its actual utilization.
c. Use the objects as springboard in encouraging students' active participation.
d. Make sure that the realia and model are large enough to be seen by the whole class.
11. Prof. Ruiz uses projected visuals such as Digital Liquid Projector (DLP) in presenting her lesson. What could be her main reason for using it?
a. The projected materials are readily available.
b. They are more abstract than any other visuals.
c. Most projected visuals can be obtained at no cost.
d. She can easily prepare for own transparencies in advance.
12. Ms. Samonte used a film clip in teaching Social Studies concepts to her First Year High School class. However, she found out that it was ineffectively used in the classroom. When is technology considered INEFFECTIVE?
a. When it promotes mastery of the lesson
b. When it makes viewing more interesting
c. When it helps attain the objectives of the lesson
d. When it induces alienation on the part of the learners
13. Your principal purchased new computer units for your Learning Resource Center. Which of the following should be your last consideration in using the technology?
a. Computers can be used for entertainment.
b. Computers can be used for research activity.
c. Computers can be used for interactive presentation.
d. Computers can be used to reinforce discussion of difficult concepts in class.
14. Computers can be classified according to the roles they play namely communicative tool, informative tool, and constructive tool. What is the other role of computers not mentioned in this item?
a. Instructional tool
b. Situating tool
c. Utility tool
d. Application tool
15. Which of the following categories of CAI will you use in your class if your objective is to increase proficiency in a newly learned skill or refresh an existing one?
c. Drill and practice
d. Instructional game
16. Which of the following is an ineffective use of Presentation software?
a. Darken the room.
b. Use appropriate pacing.
c. Read directly from the slides.
d. Allow interaction with the learner.
17. Which of the following is NOT an example of a communicative tool?
b. Electronic mail
d. Multimedia encyclopedia
18. Why is one-way delivery of information a misuse of communication tools?
a. Because the teacher expects the student to study more
b. Because it requires activities that focus on thinking than responding
c. Because it enables the users to focus more on higher level cognitive activities
d. Because this kind of practice lessens interaction capabilities of communication tools
19. Internet consists of thousands of connected computer networks around the world. Which term does not refer to internet?
d. Information Superhighway
20. Which technology tool can Prof. Soriano use to communicate asynchronously with her students?
a. Chat and blog
b. Chat and instant messaging
c. Blog and video conferencing
d. Electronic bulletin board and email
21. In your computer subject, you allow your class to chat as part of your motivation before discussing to them the roles of computer as a tool. How is chat used in t his context?
a. Information tool
b. Application tool
c. Communicative tool
d. Situating tool
22. Which statement is INCORRECT about computer conferencing?
a. It refers to live student interaction with an expert.
b. It is also known as discussion forum or bulletin board.
c. It also refers to online class discussions, forums or debates.
d. It permits two or more individuals
23. Which instructional application will you introduce to your class if your objective is to help them find and use information resources available in the internet?
b. Hybrid course
c. Scavenger Hunt
d. Distance education
24. In the delivery of distance education, what computer application is used to organize instructions and track students records and progress?
a. Computer-based Multimedia
b. Computer-assisted Instruction
c. Computer-mediated Education
d. Computer-managed Instruction
25. When is distance education as effective as the traditional instruction?
a. When the method, technologist and assessment used are appropriate to the required competencies.
b. When the course requires more face-to-face communication between the students and teachers.
c. When students depend more on their online mentor.
d. When there is student to student interaction.
DISCLAIMER: This website believes that education is a right, not a privilege. This portal does not claim ownership to any materials posted. Likewise, questions are not influenced by PRC professional regulatory board. The main purpose of the reviewer is to assist examinees who chose to review online.