MANILA, Philippines - Signal No. 2 were raised by PAG-ASA in 10 areas and Signal No. 1 in 8 areas. The latest weather update on 'Bagyong Carina' was issued at 2:00 p.m., Sunday, July 31, 2016. As of 1:00 PM, the location of the center is at 70 km East of Tuguegarao City, Cagayan.
According to PAGASA, Carina has made landfall over Cabutunan Point and is now traversing northern Cagayan.. The estimated rainfall amount is from moderate to heavy within the 400 km diameter of the Tropical Storm.
- Suspension of Classes: August 31, 2016 due to Bagyong Carina
- Bagyong Carina Weather Update July 31, 2016 08:00 PM
- Bagyong Carina Weather Update July 31, 2016 11:00 AM
|PAG-ASA Forecast Track of 'Carina' as of 11:00 AM July 31, 2016|
Weather Forecast/ Movement
Carina is expected to to move Northwest at 20 kph. Tomorrow morning (August 1, 2016), Carina is expected at 310 km Northwest of Laoag City, Ilocos Norte. It will be at 910 km West Northwest of Itbayat, Batanes, outside Philippine Area of Responsibility (PAR) on Tuesday (August 2, 2016) and 1,475 km West Northwest of Itbayat, Batanes on Wednesday (August 3, 2016).
Signal Number 2
- Ilocos Norte,
- Ilocos Sur,
- Mt. Province,
- Babuyan Group of Islands
- Light to Moderate damage to high risk structures
- Very light to light damage to medium-risk structures
- No damage to very light damage to low risk structures
- Unshielded, old dilapidated schoolhouses, makeshift shanties, and other structures of light materials are partially damaged or unroofed.
- A number of nipa and cogon houses may be partially or totally unroofed.
- Some old galvanized iron (G.I.) roofs may be peeled or blown off.
- Some wooden, old electric posts are tilted or downed.
- Some damage to poorly constructed signs/billboards
- In general, the winds may bring light to moderate damage to the exposed communities. Most banana plants, a few mango trees, ipil-ipil and similar types of trees are downed or broken.
- Some coconut trees may be tilted with few others broken.
- Rice and corn may be adversely affected.
- Considerable damage to shrubbery and trees with some heavy-foliaged trees blown down.
- Wave Height (Open Sea): 4.1-14.0 meters
- Batanes Group of Islands,
- La Union,
- Nueva Vizcaya,
- Nueva Ecija
- Very light or no damage to low risk structures,
- Light damage to medium to high risk structures
- Slight damage to some houses of very light materials or makeshift structures in exposed communities. Some banana plants are tilted, a few downed and leaves are generally damaged
- Twigs of small trees may be broken.
- Rice crops, however, may suffer significant damage when it is in its flowering stage.
- Wave Height (Open Sea): 1.25-4.0 meters