Manila, Philippines - The Alliance of Concerned Teachers (ACT) Party List and the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) through a recently held dialogue came up with agreements on issues concerning the full implementation of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) for Teachers.
According to PRC report, the meeting was attended by representatives of ACT Party List, ACT Philippines and ACT NCR Union together with Hon. Yolanda D. Reyes, Oversight Commissioner of CPD Program, CPD Program Manager Hon. Gerard B. Sanvictores, Hon. Rosita L. Navarro, BPT Chairman and Hon. Paz I. Lucido, BPT Vice Chairman on March 31, 2017 at PRC Main Office.
- PRC CPD Unit Requirements for Teachers, Nurses, Engineers and Other Professions
- How to Earn CPD Units for PRC ID License Renewal?
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Meanwhile, here are the points agreed by ACT and PRC:
1. Automatic accreditation of government agencies as CPD Providers
- Send Memorandum Circular to all government agencies regarding CPD Requirement.
- Amend the IRR provision on automatic and mandatory accreditation of government agencies.
3. Move the compliance of CPD requirement for Teachers from June 30, 2017 to December 31, 2017 should DepEd fail to offer and/or accredit their programs with PRC this month of May. 4. ACT was assigned to monitor and report CPD Providers that issue deceiving public announcements/information on the assigned CPD credit units of their programs.
5. CPD Credit Unit limit given to the Self-Directed Learning Track:
- Expect for ACT's letter of request and justification for consideration of CPD Council for Professional Teachers.
|Courtesy/ACT Party List|