MANILA, Philippines - The Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) announced that starting July 1, 2017 (Saturday), all professionals are required to present their earned Continuing Professional Development (CPD) units for the renewal of PRC ID Card (except for Licensed Professional Teachers (LPTs), Registered Nurses (RNs), Midwives and Agricultural and Biosystems Engineers with separate compliance dates).
CPD RELATED INFOs
- PRC CPD Unit Requirements for all its Regulated Professions
- How to Earn CPD Units for PRC ID License Renewal?
- List of CPD Providers for all PRC-regulated Professions
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
|Renewal Period||Minimum Credit Units Required for the Profession|
|January – June 2017||0|
|July – December 2017||30%|
|January – December 2018||60%|
|January 2019 – onward||100%|
"CPD Act of 2016" or the Republic Act No. 10912 is an act that requires CPD as mandatory requirement for Professional ID Card renewal of PRC-regulated professionals.
Meanwhile, CPD compliance for LPTs, RNs, Midwives and Agricultural Engineers are as follows:
- Professional Teachers - December 1, 2017
- Registered Nurses - January 1, 2018
- Midwives - January 1, 2018
- Agricultural and Biosystems Engineers - January 1, 2018
Those who will renew their Professional ID cards must provide the following renewal requirements, courtesy of PRC:
- Original and photocopy of certificates of CPD units earned
- Accomplished Renewal Form
- One (1) piece of passport size picture with nametag and in white background
- Renewal Fee
To receive updates on any announcements about CPD, we advise our readers to bookmark this page, visit PRC official website or follow us at our social media pages via Facebook and Twitter.