MANILA, Philippines - Class suspensions on July 17, 2017 (Monday) are announced at below areas due to scheduled transport strike of jeepney operators in protest for the planned phaseout of old jeepney vehicles of the Department of Transportation (DOTr).
As of 9:00 PM, below is the list of schools, municipalities and cities that declared class suspensions on July 17, 2017.
- Far Eastern University (FEU) - Senior High School (SHS)
- Baliuag, Bulacan - Senior High School and Tertiary level (College)
- Malolos City, Bulacan - All levels, Public and Private
- San Jose del Monte City, Bulacan - All levels, Public and Private
- Municipality of San Miguel, Bulacan - All levels, Public and Private
- Municipality of Sta. Maria, Bulacan - All levels, Public and Private
George San Mateo, leader of the 'No to Jeepney Phaseout Coalition' and national president of PISTON, said that the jeepney operators will gather at the Quezon Elliptical Circle and will march up to Mendiola Bridge area near Malacañang. This is to call the attention of President Rodrigo Duterte and re-discuss the proposed jeepney modernization program.
To receive class and work cancellations updates, we advise our readers to bookmark this page or follow us at our via social media accounts at Facebook and Twitter.