MANILA, Philippines - Quezon City Mayor Herbert Bautista, through Quezon City Local Government Facebook page announced the suspension of classes at all levels in Quezon City on Monday, July 24, 2017 due to the second State of the Nation Address (SONA) of President Rodrigo Roa Duterte.
Some colleges and universities have also declared class suspensions due to SONA and simultaneous transport strike.
List of Class Cancellations on July 24, 2017
- Quezon City - All Levels (Public and Private)
- De La Salle University - Offices and classes in Taft, Makati and BGC campuses
- De La Salle College of St. Benilde - Classes in all levels and offices
- UE Caloocan - Classes in kindergarten to Grade 12
- UE Manila - Classes in kindergarten to Grade 12
- Manila Tytana Colleges - Classes in senior high school
- Hope Christian High School - Classes in all levels.
- Philippine Academy of Sakya - Classes in all levels
- Philippine College of Criminology - Classes in all levels and work (excluding maintenance and security personnel)
- College of the Holy Spirit Manila - Classes in all levels, due to scheduled transport strike
- PMI Colleges (Manila and Quezon City) - Classes and offices
- Marikina Christian Integrated School (MCIS) - Classes in all levels
- Aquinas University of Legazpi - Offices and classes, due to scheduled transport strike
SONA 2017 RELATED ARTICLES
- SONA 2017 Speech Full Text and Video - President Rodrigo Duterte
- SONA 2017 Live Streaming - President Rodrigo Duterte
Mayor Herbert M. Bautista has declared the suspension of classes in ALL LEVELS, in both private and public schools in Quezon City on July 24, 2017. This is in view of the Second State of the Nation Address of Pres Rodrigo R Duterte.The State of the Nation Address will be held at Batasang Pambansa on the above-stipulated date. As with SONA of previous presidents, heavy traffic is expected at surrounding major roads around the area.
To receive updates on SONA 2017, we advise our readers to bookmark this page or follow us at our via social media accounts at Facebook and Twitter.