Manila, Philippines - The Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) announced the schedule of application, deadline of filing as well as requirements for application in September 2018 Licensure Examination for Teachers (LET) - Elementary and Secondary levels.
The board exams for teachers will be held on Sunday, September 30, 2018 at designated testing locations in Manila and all Regional Offices nationwide.
Below is the detailed schedule for September 2018 LET as per PRC Resolution entitled “Schedule of Licensure Examination for the Year 2018”.
|Name of Examination||Date/s of Exam||Day/s||Place||Opening of Online Processing||Deadline of Filing|
|Professional Teachers||September 30, 2018||Su||Manila, All Regional Offices; Zamboanga, Bacolod, Rosales, Pangasinan, Laoag and General Santos City||May 20, 2018||July 20, 2018|
SEPTEMBER 2018 LET-RELATED ARTICLES
- List of Passers: March 2018 Licensure Exam for Teachers (LET) Results
- Exam Coverage: September 2018 Licensure Exam for Teachers (LET)
- LET Reviewer: General Education (GenEd), Professional Education (ProfEd)
ONLINE APPLICATION PORTAL
- As prescribed by RA No. 7836 as amended by RA 9293, a citizen of the Philippines or an alien whose country has reciprocity with the Philippines can apply.
- An applicant shall be at least 18 years old
- The applicant is of good moral character and good moral reputation with moral values, has not been convicted by final judgment by court for an offense involving moral turpitude.
- Original and Photocopy of Transcript of Records (TOR) with Special Order (SO), date of graduation, seal of the school, with scanned picture and remarks “For Board Examination Purposes Only” (CHED recognition and permit to operate for graduates of new schools / programs)
- Original and Photocopies of Authenticated Birth Certificate (NSO)/ PSA Marriage Contract for female applicants
- Examination Fee of 900 pesos
- For Teachers in Elementary Grade: BSEED or its equivalent
- For Teachers in Secondary Grade: A bachelor’s degree in education or its equivalent with a major and minor and the degrees which shall be considered equivalent must have to take at least 18 units in Professional Education, or a bachelor’s degree in arts and sciences with at least ten units in professional education .
- For Teachers in Pre-school: A bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education (BECED) or its equivalent
- For Teachers in vocational and two-year technical course: A bachelor’s degree in the field of specialization or its equivalent, with at least 18 units in professional education.
- Original and Photocopy of Transcript of Records (TOR) with Special Order (SO), date of graduation, seal of the school, with scanned picture and remarks “For Board Examination Purposes Only” (Res. 2004-200, s'04) (CHED recognition / permit to operate for graduates of new schools / programs)
- Original and Photocopies of Authenticated Birth Certificate (NSO)
The most recent LET was held on March 25, 2018 at designated Regional Testing centers in the country. It is estimated that more than hundred thousand examinees took the exams. The exact number for both elementary and secondary will be posted here soon as released by the Board of Professional Teachers.
On September 24, 2017, 21,198 elementary teachers out of 80,509 examinees (26.33%) and 49,626 secondary teachers out of 107,020 examinees (46.37%) successfully passed. Results are released after forty three (43) working days.
In the same exams conducted March 26, 2017, 5,600 elementary teachers out of 53,915 (10.39%) and 18,482 secondary teachers out of 72,584 (25.46%) successfully passed. Results are released after forty (40) working days.
On September 2016 LET, 23,378 elementary teachers out of 77,466 examinees (30.18%) and 31,334 secondary teachers out of 92,754 examinees (33.78%) successfully passed.
To receive fast and reliable news and announcements regarding the Licensure Examinations for Teachers (LET), we advise our readers to visit PRC official website or follow us at our social media accounts via Facebook and Twitter.