The Online Application, Registration for October 2018 NAPOLCOM exams will be available through the Online Application Scheduling System or OLEASS few months before the PNP Entrance and Promotional exams. The National Police Commission is strict that only those with confirmed schedule of appointment with reference number will be entertained. The examination comes in a First-Come-First-Serve basis. Likewise, Regional Offices reserve the right to limit the number of examinees upon due notice, even ahead of the deadline.
The PNP Entrance and Promotional exams for Police Officers, Senior Police Officers, Inspectors and Superintendents will be administered by the Commission by October 2018 at its designated testing centers nationwide.
As with the previous applications through OLEASS, the online filing will be available from 12:00 noon on designated dates for PNP Entrance examinees and promotional categories. Below is the detailed schedule of October 2018 OLEASS for all positions courtesy of the commission.
Online Scheduling will be available at www.napolcom-oleass.com for PNP Entrance exam applicants.
|POSITION||DATES OF ONLINE APPLICATION (OLEASS)|
|PNP Entrance Exam||TBA|
|Police Officer (PO) Exam||TBA|
|SPO, INSP, SUPT Exam||TBA|
|Period of Filing: OLEASS Generated|
|Date of Exam: October 2018|
SEE ALSO: NAPOLCOM Online Exam Scheduling System (OLEASS) Step by Step
WHO CAN APPLY?
As per NAPOLCOM, the PNP Entrance Examination is open to all Filipino citizens who meet the age and educational requirements as to Police Officers 1. Update on height requirements: NAPOLCOM Vice Chairman Rogelio Casurao in a statement said that no height requirement will be required from applicants. As quoted,
Starting with the April 22, 2018 police examinations, there shall be no height requirement for the Philippine National Police (PNP) entrance exam applicants as long as they are bachelor’s degree holder and not more than 30 years old.NAPOLCOM otherwise clarified that the removal of height requirement only applies in taking the PNP Entrance Test and not in the PNP recruitment process. As quoted,
The NAPOLCOM emphasizes that taking and passing the PNP Entrance Examination is not a guarantee for automatic entry into the police force. Only those who possess the general qualifications specified under Section 14 of Republic Act No. 8551 are qualified for appointment as member of the PNP.
To set the record straight, the Commission reiterates that the removal of height limit applies to examination purposes only, and not to police recruitment as reported by some media entities.
Height requirement is still included in the set of basic qualifications of the PNP that must be complied with by qualified applicants who aspire to become police officers.For male civilians, a minimum height of 1.62 meters are required while 1.57 meters for female. Only those not less than 21 years old and not more than 30 years old with Bachelor's degree can apply.
For members of the indigenous communities who wish to apply, a minimum height of 1.52 meters for male and 1.45 meters are required. Meanwhile, they are required to submit the Certificate of Tribal membership issued by the NCIP, OMA, NCMF or a height waiver issued by NAPOLCOM.
Here is NAPOLCOM's Memorandum Circular No. 2007-009 itemizing the complete general qualifications and standards for entrance and promotional applicants courtesy of the commission.
Below are the step by step procedures on how to schedule an appointment for filing of application in PNP entrance test.
- The applicant shall visit the official website of NAPOLCOM at www.napolcom.gov.ph, and click the Online Examination Application and Scheduling System or directly refer to http://www.napolcom-oleass.com and fill out the Last Name, First Name, Middle Name, Home Address, Cellphone Number and Email Address fields. Make sure that the e-mail address you've provided is valid.
- These mandatory fields [Gender, Height, Age, Birth date and Course completed] shall also be filled out.
- The applicant shall submit, confirm and print the generated confirmation letter with reference number in which the applicant must bring together with all other requirements.
The applicant shall personally file on the NAPOLCOM Regional Office where he/she will take the examination. The application cannot be processed if it sent by mail.
FILING OF APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Printed copy of the online generated confirmation letter with reference number as mentioned above.
- Duly accomplished form (NAPOLCOM Form 1-A) and index card which can be obtained in their official website or at NAPOLCOM's Regional Office.
- 2 recent 1x1 ID photo with white background and name tag. In the photo studio, just tell that the ID will be used for NAPOLCOM exam, they might probably know the exact specifications.
- One legal size window envelope with mailing stamp.
- Diploma and Transcript of Records (TOR) with Special Order (SO) issued by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED).
- PSA Authenticated Birth Certificate
- For PO1 with temporary appointment, a certified true copy of the attested appointment, Plantilla Appointment or Special Order.
- Police Examination Fee of 400 Pesos
The three-hour examination covers the following topics:
- General Information: Philippine Constitution and History; PNP Law and History; Criminal Justice Systems; Current Events and Social Awareness and Value Judgment
- Verbal Reasoning: Vocabulary; Comprehension and Grammar
- Quantitative Reasoning: Basic Concepts and Problem Solving Skills
- Logical Reasoning: Verbal and Non-Verbal
NAPOLCOM reminds examinees to strictly adhere to the following reminders during the examination proper.
- Wear white T-shirt or polo shirt with collar with dark pants and shoes.
- Bring the Notice of Admission (NOA)
- Bring Pencil No. 2
- Bring any valid Identification Card with photo and signature
The list of passers for all categories will be available via NAPOLCOM official website and in NAPOLCOM Central and Regional Offices. Results will also be posted at this website upon release.
To receive updates about NAPOLCOM board examination results and related announcements, you may visit NAPOLCOM official website or refer to our social media accounts via Facebook and Twitter.