MANILA, Philippines – “Bagyong Usman” maintains its strength as it continues to move west-northwestward. It may intensify into a Tropical Storm prior to landfall over Eastern Samar tomorrow, December 28, 2018. In the latest weather update issued by PAGASA on December 27, 2018, the center of Tropical Depression was estimated based on all available data at 435 km East of Guiuan, Eastern Samar.
It has maximum sustained winds of 55 kilometers per hour (kph) near the center and gustiness of up to 65 kph while it is moving west northwest at 20 kph.
PAGASA said that Albay including Burias Island, Romblon, Aklan, Capiz, Northern Negros Occidental and North of Iloilo might be under TCWS No. 1 in the next weather bulletin.
The public is reminded to take precautionary measures and coordinate with local disaster risk reduction and management offices.
Here is the update of warning signals as of 5:00 AM, December 27, 2018.
Signal No. 1 (30-60kph expected in 36h)
- Masbate including Ticao Island
- Eastern Samar
- Northern Samar
- Biliran, Leyte
- Southern Leyte
- Northern Cebu including Camotes Islands
- Dinagat Island
Below is the forecast movement, position and track of ‘Usman’ in the next five (5) days, courtesy of PAGASA.
- 24 Hour(Tomorrow morning): 205 km East of Borongan City, Eastern Samar
- 48 Hour(Saturday morning):45 km Northwest of Roxas City, Capiz
- 72 Hour(Sunday morning): 200 km North Northwest of Puerto Princesa City, Palawan
- 96 Hour(Monday morning):10 km North of Pagasa Island, Palawan (Outside PAR)
- 120 Hour(Tuesday morning):275 km West Southwest of Pagasa Island, Palawan (Outside PAR)
Note: The latest weather update for Bagyong ‘Usman’ on December 27, 2018 will be updated as soon as the administration releases the next bulletin.