MANILA, Philippines – The Commission on Higher Education (CHED) will accept scholarship program applications for Academic Year 2021-2022 from July 1, 2021 to August 15, 2021, per CHED latest announcements of various regional offices.
Online Application for 2021 CHED Scholarship is available for CHED regional offices. No need to go to CHED Regional offices. Just fill out the online form and follow the succeeding instructions.
The Sections 6 and 8 in the CHED Memorandum Order (CMO) No. 08 s. of 2019 entitled “Policies and Guidelines for CHED Scholarship Programs” were amended through the recently released CMO No. 11 s. of 2021. Parts of the amended sections in the increase in tuition fee allowance and inclusion of book and connectivity allowances. CHED has also raised the grades qualifications from 90% to 96% for full scholarship merit.
SEE ALSO: CHED Scholarship 2021 Priority Courses
2021 CHED Scholarship Schedule of Filing
|July 1, 2021||August 15, 2021|
CHED Scholarship Programs 2021
A qualified applicant may be awarded Full Scholarship or Half Scholarship under the State Scholarship Program (SSP) and Private Education Student Financial Assistance (PESFA). The availment of the type of scholarship is determined through ranking system and availability of slots.
Qualifications/ Eligibility Requirements for CHED Scholarship 2021
- Must be a Filipino citizen;
- Must be a graduating high school/high school graduate with General Weighted Average (GWA) as follows:
- Full Merit – at least 96% or its equivalent
- Half Merit – 93% to 95% or its equivalent
- Must have a combined annual gross income of parents/guardian not to exceed Php 400,000.00, or solo parent/guardian whose annual gross income does not exceed the said amount.
- Must enroll in recognized priority programs in Private Educational Institution (PHEI) or State University and Colleges (SUCs)/ or accredited Local Universities and Colleges (LUCs) with Certificate of Program Compliance (COPC).
CHED Scholarship 2021 Financial Assistance
The package of financial assistance to scholars covered the tuition and other school fees (TOSF) plus stipend which shall be released directly to scholars or through Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) per semester of a given academic year until the completion of the degree program. Here is the financial coverage for CHED 2021 scholars:
A. Private HEIs
|Program (PESFA)||Period||TOSF||Stipend||Book/Connectivity Allowance||Total|
B. State Universities and Colleges (SUCs)/ Local Universities and Colleges (LUCs)
|Program (SSP)||Period||TOSF||Stipend||Book/Connectivity Allowance||Total|
For participating HEIs with trimester or quarter system, the total amount of financial assistance stated in the tables above shall be distributed proportionately depending on the type of scholarship availed.
The CMO clarified that the amount of TOSF in the table above is based on the estimated average tuition fees in SUCs, while the amount of stipend is based on inflation rate, to be at par with the current development of financial assistance to ensure affordability of quality educational materials and offsent students’ expenses.
What are the application (documentary) requirements?
CHED Scholarship applicants must secure the following:
1. CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENT
- Certified True Copy of Birth Certificate
2. ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS
- High school report card for incoming freshmen students eligible for college
- Duly certified true copy of grades for Grade 11 and 1st semester of Grade 12 for graduating high school students
3. FINANCIAL/INCOME REQUIREMENTS
Student applicants must also submit any of the following financial documents.
- Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) of parents or guardian
- Certificate of Tax Exemption from the Bureau of the Internal Revenue (BIR)
- Certificate of Indigence either from Barangay or Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD)
- Case study report from DSWD
- Latest copy of contract or proof of income may be considered for children of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) and seafarers
2021 CHED Scholarship Online Application
- CHEDRO I
- CHEDRO II
- CHEDRO III
- CHEDRO IV
- CHEDRO V
- CHEDRO VI
- CHEDRO VII
- CHEDRO VIII
- CHEDRO IX
- CHEDRO X
- CHEDRO XI
- CHEDRO XII
- CHED NCR
- CHED CAR
- CHED CARAGA
- CHED MIMAROPA
Note: Links above will be updated as soon as the respective Regional Offices posted the link(s) of CHED 2021 scholarship application.
Do I have to take and pass an exam to be a CHED Scholar?
No. There are no entrance exams for CHED scholarship. Just submit all the required documents.
Selection Criteria for CHED Scholarship Ranking
The ranking system will be used by the CHEDROs in selecting the most qualified applicants based on the requirements. The ranking will be made according to the following percentage distribution.
|Annual Gross Income||30%|
Award of full or half-scholarship will be given to qualified students based on the results of the ranking system and the distribution of slots per region for a given academic year.
Additional five (5) points in the total score are given to applicants belonging to the special group of persons such as Underprivileged and Homeless Citizens under Republic Act No. 7279, Persons with Disability (PWDs) under RA No. 7277 as amended, solo parents and/or their dependents under RA 8972, Senior Citizens under RA 9994 and Indigenous People under RA 8371, after complying with all set-forth requirements.
Notice of Award (NOA)
After submission of documents, CHEDRO will then evaluate the applications and ranks the qualified applicants according to criteria. CHEDRO will then send the NOA to the applicant or notify the list of awardees through HEIs. The applicant then sign the NOA and send back to the concerned CHEDRO through hard copy or electronic form within thirty (30) days after the receipt of NOA.
Responsibilities of a CHED Scholar
Once selected, a 2021 CHED scholar has the following responsibilities:
- Enroll in a recognized priority programs of Private Higher Educational Institutions (PHEIs) or SUCs/LUCs with Certificate of Program Compliance (COPC).
- See Also: Priority Courses/ Programs in CHED Scholarship 2021
- Maintain a GWA of at least 85% or its equivalent for full scholars and 80% or its equivalent for half scholars.
- Carry a regular load per semester/term as determined by HEIs.
- Complete the degree program within the time frame required in the curriculum, in case of approved deferment.
- Secure written approval of the concerned CHEDRO in case of transfer to another HEI, in case of shift to other recognized or authorized priority programs.
Non-duplication of Scholarship
CHED adopts the non-duplication of financial benefits under its CSPs. Below students who are existing beneficiaries of their respective scholarship programs are not qualified to apply.
- CHED Expanded Student Grants-in-Aid Program for Poverty Alleviation who are enjoying a free TOSF privilege under RA 10931 and receiving yearly stipend under the Tertiary Education Subsidy (TES),
- Students enrolled in PHEIs in cities and municipalities with no existing SUCs/ LUCs but receiving both tuition and stipend allowance,
- Students considered as poor based on the National Household Targeting System or the Listahanan 2.0 who are either enrolled in PHEIs or SUCs/ LUCs and receiving tuition and stipend benefits or recipients of free TOSF privilege with stipends respectively,
- Students who are poor but are part of Listahanan 2.0 ranked according to estimated per capita income based on submitted documentation of proof of income enrolled in PHEIs or SUCs/ LUCs and also receiving tuition and stipend benefits or recipients of free TOSF privilege with stipend.
Should you need further clarifications, you may reach CHED at below contact details
- CHED Regional Offices – https://ched.gov.ph/regional-offices/
- Office of Student Development and Services at 3/F HEDC Building, CP Garcia Avenue, Quezon City with Tel No.: (02) 988-0001 and E-mail: [email protected]
- You may also email them at [email protected] or call at (02) 441-1260.
Here is the CMO No. 08 series of 2019 as well as the CMO No. 11 s. 2021 from CHED official website.
To receive regular updates on CHED scholarship AY 2021-2022, among other important announcements, we recommend to visit CHED official website or follow us at our social media pages via Facebook and Twitter or join the members discussions at our Facebook Group.
All news, results and announcements at this website are posted for general information and dissemination only. We do not make any warranty on the reliability, completeness and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information at this website is strictly at your own risk and we are not liable for the losses and damages in connection with the use of our website. For inquiries, clarifications, questions on the accuracy, veracity on content of the information and announcements posted, you may directly visit CHED official website and follow them at their official fan pages.