Manila, Philippines – The Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) announced the schedule of online application, as well as requirements for application in September 2020 Licensure Examination for Teachers (LET) – Elementary and Secondary levels.
The board exams for teachers will be held on September 27, 2020 at designated testing locations in Manila and all Regional Offices nationwide.
Below is the detailed schedule for September 2020 LET as per PRC Schedule of Licensure Examination for the Year 2020.
|Name of Examination||Date/s of Exam||Day/s||Place||Opening of Online Processing||Deadline of Filing|
|Professional Teachers||September 27, 2020||Sunday||Manila, All Regional Offices; Zamboanga, Bacolod, Rosales, Pangasinan, Laoag and General Santos City||June 1, 2020||July 29, 2020|
Update May 8, 2020: PRC announced the new/re-scheduled dates of all postponed/cancelled board exams from March to June 2020 due to Enhanced Community Quanrantine brought by COVID-19 pandemic.
Likewise, those applicants who already have filed their application for examination and issued the Notice of Admission (NOA) will no longer be required to file a new application.
Update March, 2020: Pursuant to Presidential Proclamation No. 922 dated March 8, 2020 declaring a state of public health emergency throughout the country, and the recommendations of the Department of Health (DOH) and Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) for the Management of Emerging Infectious Disease to prohibit mass gatherings, PRC has cancelled board exams scheduled on March and April 2020 including the LET.
Update November 18, 2019: PRC announced that the Regional Office in Tacloban will now be accepting applications for March 2020 LET. Applications will be held on December 4, 2019 to January 29, 2020 at PRC Application Hub, 2nd Floor, Robinson’s North, Abucay, Tacloban City from 8:00 A.M – 5:00 P.M. (Monday to Friday).
Applicants are likewise advised to apply online via https://online1.prc.gov.ph/ or https://online.prc.gov.ph/ before going to the venue. Applicants are also encouraged to pay through UCPB (over-the-counter), Land Bank (i-access), or PayMaya.
SEPTEMBER 2020 LET-RELATED ARTICLES
- LET Results: Teachers Board Exam September 2019, List of Passers Elementary and Secondary
- Exam Coverage: Licensure Exam for Teachers (LET)
- LET Reviewer: General Education (GenEd), Professional Education (ProfEd)
- How to Pass Licensure Exam? Tips from Board Passers
Applicants are advised to submit their applications through the Online Application System of PRC.
ONLINE APPLICATION PORTAL
For first timers in PRC LET online application, you may also want to read the step-by-step guide.
PRC also reminds applicants to secure all requirements before proceeding to PRC centers for further processing of online applications and also avoid further inconvenience.
- As prescribed by RA No. 7836 as amended by RA 9293, a citizen of the Philippines or an alien whose country has reciprocity with the Philippines can apply.
- An applicant shall be at least 18 years old
- The applicant is of good moral character and good moral reputation with moral values, has not been convicted by final judgment by court for an offense involving moral turpitude.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: FIRST TIMERS
- Original and Photocopy of Transcript of Records (TOR) with Special Order (SO), date of graduation, seal of the school, with scanned picture and remarks “For Board Examination Purposes Only” (CHED recognition and permit to operate for graduates of new schools / programs)
- Original and Photocopies of Authenticated Birth Certificate (NSO)/ PSA Marriage Contract for female applicants
- Payment of 900.00 pesos
- For Secondary Grade: A bachelor’s degree in education or its equivalent with a major and minor and the degrees which shall be considered equivalent; must have to take at least 18 units in Professional Education, or a bachelor’s degree in arts and sciences with at least ten units in professional education.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: REMOVAL
- For Teachers in Elementary Grade: BSEED or its equivalent
- For Teachers in Secondary Grade: A bachelor’s degree in education or its equivalent with a major and minor and the degrees which shall be considered equivalent must have to take at least 18 units in Professional Education, or a bachelor’s degree in arts and sciences with at least ten units in professional education .
- For Teachers in Pre-school: A bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education (BECED) or its equivalent
- For Teachers in vocational and two-year technical course: A bachelor’s degree in the field of specialization or its equivalent, with at least 18 units in professional education.
- Original and Photocopy of Transcript of Records (TOR) with Special Order (SO), date of graduation, seal of the school, with scanned picture and remarks “For Board Examination Purposes Only” (Res. 2004-200, s’04) (CHED recognition / permit to operate for graduates of new schools / programs)
- Original and Photocopies of Authenticated Birth Certificate (NSO)
The requirements and details posted above are based on the table of qualification and documentary requirements to accompany an application to take licensure examination courtesy of the Professional Regulation Commission.
PRC ADVISORY ON THE USE OF CALCULATOR
PRC through the Resolution No. 25 series of 2019 announced the following modifications in the list of allowable non-programmable calculators for LET.
- Only the examinees in Secondary Level major in Mathematics (under Specialization subject) are allowed to use calculator.
- The only allowed features of calculator are Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division, Trigonometric Function, Logarithm and xy.
- Only one (1) calculator is allowed in examination room.
LET September 2019 result are expected to be released by end of November 2019.
In the recent LET conducted last March 2019, 9,659 elementary teachers out of 72,054 examinees (27.28%) and 22,271 secondary teachers out of 85,823 examinees (25.95%) passed. The first two (2) spots in secondary level came from University of Mindanao – Davao City. Honey Gracielle Decosto Baclayo and Joseph Pre Enero, garnering a 93.40% and 92.80% respective ratings. In the elementary category, Stephanie Apple Miguel Pido from Compostela Valley State College – Montevista Branch ranked first having 93.20% rating followed by Emily Balagot Ligue from University of Mindanao – Davao City garnering 93.00%. UP Diliman was the top performing school in the secondary level having 90.77% overall passing rate while University of Southeastern Philippines – Tagum in Elementary level having 85.71%.
On September 2018 LET, 18,409 elementary teachers out of 90,750 examinees (20.29%) and 60,803 secondary teachers out of 126,582 examinees (48.03%) passed. Francis Dave Perez Cabanting from University of Southeastern Philippines in Davao City and Samuel John Estenor Parreño from University of Mindanao – Digos College shared the top spot in LET – Secondary level having 92.80% rating. In the elementary level, Rhea Joy Yes Genson from University of Southeastern Philippines from Davao City and Mariel Cataluña Saladaga from University of Southeastern Philippines – Tagum ranked first having 89.80%. In the list of best performing schools for LET September 2018, University of Santo Tomas ranked first in elementary level having an overall passing rate of 86.78%. In secondary level was University of the Philippines – Diliman having 94.19%.
To receive fast and reliable news and announcements regarding the Licensure Examinations for Teachers (LET) for September 2020 online application, we advise our readers to visit PRC official website or follow us at our social media accounts via Facebook and Twitter.