MANILA, Philippines – The Civil Service Commission (CSC) announced the schedule of application and exams of the Fire Officer Exam (FOE) for the Year 2020. The biennial schedule of FOE will be held on June 21, 2020.
FOE aims to establish a Roster of Eligibles (RoE) from which certification and appointment to second level ranks in the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) and other functionality related positions shall be made, provided the eligibilities meet the qualifications and other requirement of the positions.
Here is the detailed schedule and deadline of application for 2020 Fire Officer Exam (FOE), courtesy of CSC.
|Date of Exam||Start of Application||Deadline of Application|
|June 21, 2020||*March 31, 2020||*April 30, 2020|
*Update March 23, 2020: The Civil Service Commission announced that the filing of applications will be suspended until further notice. The said suspension is in view of the Enhanced Community Quarantine being implemented in Luzon (from March 17, 2020 to April 12, 2020).
FOE 2020 QUALIFICATIONS
Here are the specific qualifications for June 2020 Fire Officer Exam as posted by CSC. All applicants must strictly meet these qualifications in order to qualify.
- Must be Filipino citizen;
- Must be 21 to 35 years old at the date/time of filing of application;
- Must be of good moral character;
- Must be mentally and physically fit;
- Must have not been convicted by final judgment of an offense or crime involving moral turpitude, or disgraceful or immoral conduct, dishonesty, examination irregularity, drunkenness or addiction to drugs;
- Must have not been dishonorably discharged from military service or dismissed for cause from any civilian positions in the government;
- Must possess a baccalaureate degree from a recognized institution of learning;
Take note of the following additional reminders
- Age requirement shall be waived for incumbent employees of the BFP and former employees of BFP provided their applications are endorsed by BFP and they can meet the the minimum service requirement pursuant to existing laws.
- Approval of applications may be recalled any time upon discovery of applicant’s disqualification, for which the examination fees paid shall be forfeited.
- Applicants holding dual citizenship under R.A. 9225 may apply for and take the examination upon presentation of original and photocopy of Certification of Retention/Re-acquisition of Philippine Citizenship from the Bureau of Immigration, and meeting of all the other admission and application requirements for the examination.
- Applicants with pending administrative and/or criminal cases may take the examination and shall be conferred the eligibility if they successfully pass the same. However, this is without prejudice to the outcome of their pending cases. If they are found guilty, their eligibility shall be forfeited based on the penalties stated in the decision and on Section 57 (a) of the 2017 Rules on Administrative Cases in the Civil Service.
Below are the specific requirements the applicant must comply:
- APPLICATION FORM: Fully accomplished application form (CS Form No. 100, Revised 2016). Download the form here. The ‘Signature’ and the ‘Right Thumb mark’ as per CSC shall be left blank as this will be accomplished in the presence of CSC representative/ processor.
- ID PICTURES: Four (4) pieces of ID photos printed in good quality photo paper, Passport size, colored with white background, with handwritten name tag showing the signature over printed full name format. In the photo studio, just tell that the photo is to be used for Civil Service application, they already know the specifications. Meanwhile, here are the detailed specifications:
- Taken within the last three (3) months prior to filing of application
- Philippine passport picture size (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm or 1.78” x 1.38”)
- Colored, with white background and printed on good quality photo paper
- Must be in standard close-up shot (from shoulder level up with the head and face occupying at least 80% of the picture and with the name tag positioned at approximately 1 inch or 2.54 cm. below the chin)
- Must be in bare face (with no eyeglasses, colored contact lens, or any accessories that may cover the facial features (facial features not computer enhanced)
- Must show the left and right ears
- Must be taken in full-face view directly facing the camera, with neutral facial expression and both eyes open
- Must have handwritten (not computer-generated) name tag legibly showing signature over printed full name in the format: First Name, Middle Initial, Last Name, and Extension Name, if any
- Driver’s license/ Temporary Driver’s license/ Student Driver’s Permit;
- PRC License ID;
- SSS ID;
- GSIS ID;
- Voter’s ID;
- BIR/Taxpayer’s ID;
- Philhealth ID
- Postal ID;
- Current company ID;
- Current School ID;
- Police Clearance/Police Clearance Certificate;
- Barangay ID;
- NBI Clearance;
- Seaman’s Book;
- HDMF Transaction ID;
- PWD ID;
- Solo Parent ID;
- Senior Citizen ID;
- Alient Certificate of Registration Identity Card (ACR I-CARD);
- CSC Eligibility Card
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS (IF APPLICABLE)
- For applicants without date of birth in their ID cards – Original and Photocopy of Birth Certificate issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA), or the Local Civil Registry printed in Security Paper.
- For applicants holding dual citizenship under R.A. 9225 – Original and Photocopy of Certification of Retention/ Re-acquisition of Philippine Citizenship issued by the Bureau of Immigration
- For incumbent employees of BFP, availing of the waiver on age requirement – Certification of Employment issued by the authorized agency official
- For former employees of BFP, availing of the waiver on age requirement – Application Endorsement by the authorized BFP official with a statement certifying that the applicant can meet the minimum service requirement based on existing laws
WHERE TO FILE THE APPLICATION?
CSC said that the FOE applicant must personally file their applications at the CSC Regional Office or any of the CSC RO’s Field Offices, where they intend to take the examination.
BAR/ BOARD/ HONOR GRADUATES CSC ELIGIBILITY
Bar examination passers given by the Supreme Court of the Philippines are automatically granted with Civil Service Eligibility. Board Exam passers given by the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) are also automatically granted with CSC eligibility under Republic Act No. 1080.
Honor Graduates may opt not to apply also since they are already eligible and may be granted with Honor Graduate Eligibility under P.D. 907.
Though the following are already CSC eligibles, they can always opt to take CSE if they like.
Passers of Civil Service Exam Professional Level and Career Service Examination for Foreign Service Officer (CSE-FSO) may opt not to take the exams as well.
SEE ALSO: Complete list of Civil Service Eligibilities
FOE 2020 EXAMINATION COVERAGE
The June 2020 Fire Officer Exams covered the following topics:
- General Ability (25%): Verbal, Analytical and Numerical
- Fire Suppression (30%)
- Pre-Fire Planning;
- Firefighting Techniques and Procedures;
- Tools, Equipment and Apparatus
- Fire Safety and Prevention (20%):
- Fire Code of the Philippines;
- Fire Safety Related Codes, NFPA Laws and other BFP Issuances (Building Code, Electrical Code);
- BFP Citizens Charter, SOP/MCs on Fire Safety Inspection
- Fire Investigation (15%)
- The Law on Arson in the Philippines (RPC);
- Constitutional Rights of the Accused
- Prima Facie Evidence of Arson
- Rules of Court
- Procedures and Techniques;
- Identification, Preservation and Handling of Evidence
- Other Related Procedure and Techniques
- SOP’s in Fire and Arson Investigation
- Administrative Matters (10%)
- RA 6975, 9263 & 9592 and its IRR;
- CSC Rules and Regulations and Qualification Standards;
- BFP Memo Circulars and SOP’s on Administrative Matters
NUMBER OF EXAM ITEMS/ TIME/ PASSING GRADE
The FOE exams has 160 items, 150 for test proper while 10 items for Examinee Descriptive Questions (EDQ), pertaining to personal data of examinees. The exams will start from 8:00 A.M. to 11:05 AM or 3 hours and 5 minutes.
The applicant is advised by the Commission to come at the examination center one hour before the test proper.
The examinee shall obtain 80.00% general rating to pass the examination.
VENUE OF JUNE 2020 FIRE OFFICER EXAM
Fire Officer exams on June 21, 2020 will be conducted at the following testing centers.
- Region 1 – San Fernando City, La Union
- Region 2 – Tuguegarao City
- Region 3 – San Fernando City, Pampanga
- Region 4 – Batangas City
- Region 5 – Legazpi City
- Region 6 – Iloilo City
- Region 7 – Cebu City
- Region 8 – Tacloban City
- Region 9 – Zamboanga City
- Region 10 – Cagayan de Oro City
- Region 11 – Davao City
- Region 12 – Cotabato City
- National Capital Region (NCR) – Quezon City
- Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR) – Baguio City
- CARAGA – Butuan City
FOE JUNE 2020 ROOM ASSIGNMENTS
The complete list of room/school assignments for June 2020 Fire Officer Exams will be released few weeks before the exams. We will keep everyone posted as soon as CSC officially releases the lists.
RELEASE OF RESULTS
CSC is releasing the official results and list of passers for all regions in the 2020 Fire Officer Exams within 41-60 days after the exams.
CSC advised examinees to directly coordinate with CSC Regional Office for other concerns like verification of examinee number, and other examination result related matters.
During June 2018 Fire Officer Exams, results were out after forty-one (41) days.
CERTIFICATE OF ELIGIBILITY (ISSUANCE)
All passers shall be issued Certificate of Eligibility (CoE) printed in CSC letterhead, free of charge. This should be personally filed by the passer as representatives are not allowed. Passers who have moved to or are based in another region, or in remote areas within the region, may personally claim their CoE at the CSC Regional Office of Field Office nearest their present place, upon written request.
Claiming of Certification will be available approximately one (1) month after posting the list of passers, or as indicated in the corresponding advisory/issuance. Nevertheless, passers must verify the availability of certification at the CSC Regional Office/ Field Office.
To claim, passers must bring an ID, same ID presented during application and application receipt with CSC Official Receipt (if applicable)
FIRE OFFICER ELIGIBILITY
Shall the examinee passed the Fire Officer Exams, Civil Service Commission will confer to the passer the Fire Officer Eligibility. It is the second level eligibility, which is specific and appropriate for appointment to second level ranks in the fire protection service and functionality
PRCboard.com is one of the trusted websites that provides timely and reliable information in any board examination conducted by CSC, PRC and other related government agencies.
To keep updated on the announcements on June 2020 Fire Officer Exams (FOE), we advise our visitors to bookmark this page, visit CSC official website, follow us at our social media pages via Facebook and Twitter or join the members discussions at our Facebook Group.
Board passer here.. How to apply po?
i am married and has the eligibility of Civil service when i was a single do i applicable to apply ?
Hindi po ba pwede Yong hindi nka passed ng board exam?
Totoo po bang 21 to 35 yong age limit?board passer po ako pwede po ba ako mag apply 31 yrs old na po ako
kuha po kayu age waiver
Pwede po ba kahit 3 year course lang natapos sa college?
How and when we can apply I'm a Board passer. Thank you.
pwede po ba kahit kahit 3 years graduate ng marine transportation..
Pwde po ba mag apply kahit hinde board passer? pero batchelor degree po ako at kung qualified po pano mag apply?
How to apply? Board passer. Thanks.
Good day po.
I'm already a board passer .
Ask lang po ako kung paano mag apply sa BFP .?
Salamat po. God bless
20 years old po pwdi?
Im already board passer , First time to apply in government , How to apply po?
Admin. Pwede po ba ako magtake ng foe exam. Hindi pa po ako boardpasser. 31 na po ako. Tapos po ako ng 4yrs course..salamat po
Pwede po ba akong magtake ng FIRE OFFICER EXAM kahit hindi pa ako pasado sa CSE i'am already 21 yr old na po at ano po ang updated height requirement sa FIRE OFFICER EXAM ..salamat po sa feedback
Good day sir maam,Saeferer for 7 years. (overseas)OIC in Seafarer, plenty trainings safety and fire fighting etc. board passers, am i qualified. thankyou
Good Day, I'm licensed Professional Teacher.
How to apply?
Im a passer of (FOE) last 2018. May i know if there is expiration for my certificate of eligibility?
tanong lang pag kuha mo ba nang exam my license kana ba o wala pa? kasi bachelor's degree po ako po gusto ko kumuha nang exam pero wala akong prc o csc license.
Kailan po ang filing for bfp examination 2020?
Sir,ma'am kailan PO start filling tnx
Ma'am/sir kailan po ang filing for exam?
Sir/mam bat wala update kung cancel or tuloy yung filing for FOE?
Good morning poh.. Itatanong ko lang sana kong baka pwedi ang CS first level poh na e apply ng training for BPF?? PLS POH REPLY THANK YOU willing to with.
Good day Ma'am/Sir. Graduating po ako ngayong taon SA college. Gusto ko sanang mag apply for FO1 if maka pass sa board exam, kaso ngalang po may scoliosis po ako, pwdi po Kaya Yun?
Salamat po sa makakasagot.
Mam / sir kailan po ang filling ng FOE kasi po na extend yung quarantine. Update naman po kYo kung maeextend din po ba Ng filling ng FOExam. Thank u po GodBless…
Sir/Ma'am kailan po ang filling ng FOE ngayon na extend yun quarantine.
How to apply po?
I'm a board passer po and currently working as an officer here on the cruise ship kaso I'm 43 yrs old na po, am I still be able to apply as a Fire Officer?
Pwedi po ba mag take ng FOE exam kahit undergrad?
Can we still apply? Nasuspend po ang application. Pag apply ba ngaun makakasama sa june 21 exam?
Pde pa ba mag pasa ng requirements and tuloy prin nag exam sa june 21? Thank you
Question lang po about dun sa "mentally and physically fit" na part, kelan po ba magaganap yung testing para dun? before or after pa po ba ng FOE? and san po ba yung testing?
thank you po sa sasagot
Pwede pa po ba mag apply? Ma'am/Sir