MANILA, Philippines – The Commission on Higher Education (CHED) Scholarship 2020 results including the full list of passers/ new scholars for all regions will be available at this website as soon as CHED officially releases the results online within forty-five (45) days after the submission of applications.
The submission of applications for 2020 CHED Scholarship started on March 1, 2020 until May 31, 2020. CHED Regional Office (CHEDRO) will then evaluate the applications for possible duplication of award on or before June 30, 2020. CHED Office of Student Development And Services (OSDS) will then issue the distribution of slots on or before June 2020.
CHED SCHOLARSHIP 2020 RESULTS SUMMARY
- CHED Scholarship 2020 Ultimate Guide: Application, Requirements
- PDF Application Form Download: CHED Scholarship 2020
- Priority Courses/ Programs for CHED Scholarship 2020
The 2020 CHED Scholarship applications were open to all applicants that meet the basic and specific qualifications of the Commission.
A qualified applicant may be awarded Full Scholarship or Half Scholarship under the State Scholarship Program (SSP) and Private Education Student Financial Assistance (PESFA). The availment of the type of scholarship is determined through ranking system and availability of slots.
RESULTS – LIST OF NEW CHED SCHOLARS 2020
Some of the Regional offices disclosed the list of new scholars/passers while others are not. Should any of the CHED Regional Offices released the names of qualified applicants online, we will keep everyone informed at this section.[List of Passers/awardees for the following Regional offices below will be updated as soon as CHEDRO releases the results…]
- CHED Regional Office No. 1 – Ilocos Region
- CHED Regional Office No. 2 – Cagayan Valley
- CHED Regional Office No. 3 – Central Luzon
- CHED Regional Office No. 4 – CALABARZON
- CHED Regional Office No. 4 – MIMAROPA
- CHED Regional Office No. 5 – Bicol Region
- CHED Regional Office No. 6 – Western Visayas
- CHED Regional Office No. 7 – Central Visayas
- CHED Regional Office No. 8 – Eastern Visayas
- CHED Regional Office No. 9 – Zamboanga Peninsula
- CHED Regional Office No. 10 – Northern Mindanao
- CHED Regional Office No. 11 – Davao Region
- CHED Regional Office No. 12 – SOCCSKSARGEN
- CHED Regional Office (NCR)
- CHED Regional Office (CAR)
- CHED Regional Office (CARAGA)
QUALIFICATIONS/ ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR CHED SCHOLARSHIP 2020
- Must be a Filipino citizen;
- Must be a graduating high school/high school graduate with General Weighted Average (GWA) of at least 85% (amended per CMO No. 10 series of 2019) or its equivalent computed as follows:
- If completed Grade 11 + 1st semester of grade 12 then grade is computed as ((Average GWA of Grade 11)) + GWA of grade 12)/3)*70%
- If completed Grade 12 then grade is computed as GWA*70%
- Must have a combined annual gross income of parents/guardian not to exceed Php 400,000.00. (in cases where income exceeds Php 400,000.00, an applicant must present a written certification or medical findings of illness of a family member, or school certifications of two or more dependents enrolled in college);
- The students applicants belonging to the special group of persons such as the Underprivileged and Homeless Citizens under Republic Act No. 7279, Persons with Disability (PWDs) under RA No. 7277 as amended, solo parents and/or their dependents under RA 8972, Senior Citizens under RA 9994 and Indigenous People under RA 8371 shall submit certifications and/or Identification Cards (IDs) issued by the appropriate offices or agencies.
RELEASE OF RESULTS
After submission of documents, CHEDRO will then evaluate the applications and ranks the qualified applicants according to criteria. CHEDRO will then send the Notice of Admission (NOA) to the applicant or notify the list of awardees through the Higher Education Institutions (HEIs).
According to the Commission’s Memorandum Order No. 08 series of 2019 entitled “Policies and Guidelines for CHED Scholarship Programs (CSPs)”, the target release date of CHED Scholarship 2020 results will be on or before July 15, 2020.
By above-said date, CHEDRO will issue the NOA to qualified grantees and inform those not awarded on the status of their application.
The applicant then sign the NOA and send back to the concerned CHEDRO through hard copy or electronic form within thirty (30) days after the receipt of NOA.
CHED SCHOLARSHIP 2020 FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
The package of financial assistance to scholars covered the tuition and other school fees (TOSF) plus stipend which shall be released directly to scholars or through Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) per semester of a given academic year until the completion of the degree program. Here is the financial coverage for CHED 2020 scholars:
A. Private HEIs
B. State Universities and Colleges (SUCs)/ Local Universities and Colleges (LUCs)
WHAT ARE THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF CHED SCHOLAR?
Once selected, a 2020 CHED scholar has the following responsibilities:
- Enroll in a recognized priority programs of Private Higher Educational Institutions (PHEIs) or SUCs/LUCs with Certificate of Program Compliance (COPC).
- Maintain a GWA of at least 85% or its equivalent for full scholars and 80% or its equivalent for half scholars.
- Carry a regular load per semester/term as determined by HEIs.
- Complete the degree program within the time frame required in the curriculum, in case of approved deferment.
- Secure written approval of the concerned CHEDRO in case of transfer to another HEI, in case of shift to other recognized or authorized priority programs.
As to deferment of scholarship grant, a scholar may apply for deferment of scholarship grant prior to the start of the next term of a given academic year subject to the written approval of the concerned CHEDRO.
To receive up-to-date news about CHED Scholarship results 2020, we advise our visitors to bookmark this page, visit PRC official website or follow us at our social media pages via Facebook and Twitter.