MANILA, Philippines – The room assignments for Architecture Licensure Exam (ALE) January 2020 are ereleased by the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) Board of Architecture few days before the licensure exam.
The Architecture board exam is scheduled to take place on January 24 & 26, 2020 at PRC testing centers in Manila/NCR, Baguio, Cebu, Davao, Legazpi and Zamboanga.
Architecture is one of the programs with average number of examinees being administered by PRC. In the recent exam conducted on June 2019, 2,104 out of 3,172 examinees passed.
As posted by PRC, examinees shall bring the following requirements on examination proper.
- Notice of Admission (NOA),
- Official Receipt,
- One (1) piece metered-stamped window mailing envelope
- Two (2) or more pencils No. 2,
- Ball pens with black ink only,
- One (1) piece long brown envelope
PRC reminds examinees to report before 6:30 in the morning on the said date because late comers will not be admitted, examination fees for late examinees will also be forfeited.
Examinees are advised to verify their application number on the day of examination from room watchers/proctors assigned to the room.
SEE ALSO: How to pass the board licensure exams?
Below is the list of room assignments for the testing locations mentioned in the January 2020 Architecture board exams, courtesy of PRC:
Examinees shall adhere to the attire set by the Professional Regulation Commission.
For male examinees, plain white polo shirt with collar without any seal, logo or marks partnered with decent pants or slacks. For female, white blouse or shirt with collar without any seal, logo or marks partnered with decent skirt or slacks, pony-tailed long hair.
Take note of the following prohibitions during the exams.
- Books, notes, review materials and other printed materials containing coded information, data and formula (except rules VII and VIII of the 2004 Revised IRR of P.D. No. 1096/1977 NBCP as qualified below;
- Programmable calculators;
- Cellular phones, smart watches, ear plugs, transmitters, portable computers, bluetooth, and other electronic gadgets which may be used for communication purposes;
- Bags of any kind are not allowed;
- On the second day of the exams, every candidate is required to bring the following:
- Architect Scales (English and Metric Scales)
- 30 x 60 x 45 degree Triangles
- Calculators with the following functions: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, trigonometric function, logarithm and xy
- Pencils, drawing pens, erasers and other sketching purposes
- Graphing paper (used/unused will be surrendered to the room watcher(s) after the conduct of examination)
- Printed copy of Rules VII and VIII of the 2004 Revised IRR of P.D. No. 1096 or the “1997 National Building Code of the Philippines (NBCP)”, can be downloaded at PRB-ARC website (www.architectureboard.ph)
- Candidates will not be allowed to leave the examination room, borrow anything from anyone or communicate with one another. Every examinee is required to bring his/her lunch on the day of exams (placed inside transparent/plastic bag).
COVERAGE OF EXAMS
The January 2020 Architecture licensure exams covered the following topics:
- History and Theory of Architecture, Principles of Planning, Architecture Practice (30%)
- Utilities Systems, Structural Conceptualization, Building Materials and Construction (30%)
- Architectural Design and Site Planning (40%)
Likewise, PRC will not be responsible for any prohibited items which will be lost during the exams.
To receive regular updates about Architecture/ALE results January 2020 as well as other related announcements, we advise our visitors to bookmark this page, visit PRC official website, follow us at our social media pages via Facebook and Twitter or join the members discussions at our Facebook Group.