MANILA, Philippines – NAPOLCOM through Resolution No. 2019-707 dated September 13, 2019 announced that they are hiring 10,000 new policemen to address the problems in insurgency and support personal programs.
NAPOLCOM will recruit 7,895 new police officers for distribution to 17 Police regional offices nationwide (PNP mobile forces) while the 2,105 new recruits at the National Support Units (NSUs) and PNP offices.
Here is the recruitment tally per region of new policemen.
- Police Regional Office 1 (PRO1) – 450
- Police Regional Office 2 (PRO2) – 350
- Police Regional Office 3 (PRO3) – 300
- Police Regional Office 4A (PRO4A) – 295
- Police Regional Office 4B (PRORB) – 600
- Police Regional Office 5 (PRO5) – 750
- Police Regional Office 6 (PRO6) – 400
- Police Regional Office 7 (PRO7) – 300
- Police Regional Office 8 (PRO8) – 450
- Police Regional Office 9 (PRO9) – 350
- Police Regional Office 10 (PRO10) – 700
- Police Regional Office 11 (PRO11) – 400
- Police Regional Office 12 (PRO12) – 350
- Police Regional Office 13 (PRO13) – 500
- Police Regional Office COR – 600
- Police Regional Office ARMM – 800
- National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) – 300
For the 2,105 quota, it will be distributed at below selected NSUs and other offices.
- Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG)- 100
- Anti-Kidnapping Group (AKG) – 50
- Aviation Security Group (AVSEGROUP) – 200
- Communications and Electronics Service (CES) – 50
- Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) – 300
- Crime Laboratory (CL) – 250
- Drug Enforcement Group (DEG) – 200
- Directorate for Investigation and Detective Management/ Women and Children’s Protection Center (DIDM/WCPC) – 80
- Explosive Ordnance Disposal/K9 Group (EOD/K9) – 75
- Health Service (HS) – 100
- Headquarters Support Service (HSS)/PNP BAND – 200
- Intelligence Group (IG) – 100
- Information Technology Management Service (ITMS)- 50
- Logistics Support Service (LSS) – 50
- Maritime Group (MG)- 75; Training Service (TS) – 100
- Police Security and Protection Group (PSPG) – 75
- and Police Retirement Benefits Service (PRBS) – 50
Atty. Rogelio T. Casurao, the NAPOLCOM Vice-Chairman and Executive Officer said that the recruitment program is based on the needed enforcement with respect to the ratio of population. To quote,
The PNP CY 2019 Regular Recruitment Program distribution is based on police to population ratio, peace and order condition, and actual demands of the functional area
He added that the concerned PNP offices in recruitment of new police officers shall ensure strict compliance with hiring procedures of qualified personnel otherwise they will be penalized.
HOW TO APPLY?
Interested applicants may apply online through DPRM website – Online Recruitment application. For PO1, here are the basic requirements posted in their portal.
- A citizen of the Philippines
- A person of good moral character
- Must have passed the psychiatric/psychological, drug and physical tests to be administered by the PNP
- Must possess a formal baccalaureate degree from a recognized learning institution;
- Must be eligible
- PNP Entrance (NAPOLCOM)
- RA No. 1080 (Bar and Board Examinations)
- PD No. 907 (CS eligibility to College Honor Graduates)
- Must not have been dishonorably discharged from military employment or dismissed for cause from any civilian position in the government
- Must not have been convicted by final judgment of an offense or crime involving moral turpitude
- Must be at least one meter and sixty-two centimeters (1.62m) in height for male and one meter and fifty-seven centimeters (1.57m)
- Must weight not more or less than five kilograms (5kg) from the standard weight Corresponding to his/her weight, age, and sex
- Must not be less than twenty-one (21) nor more than thirty (30) years of age
Here are the documents required for filing of application:
- Civil Service Personal Data Sheet (Revised 2005)
- NSO-authenticated Birth Certificate
- Authenticated Certificate of Eligibility
- 2 pcs. 2×2 black and white picture with name tag, 1 bust-size picture, and 1 whole body picture
- Authenticated Transcript of Records/Diploma
- Local Clearances such as Barangay, Police, RTC/MTC and NBI
- Medical Certificate (examinations to be administered by the PNP)
- Fingerprint and Handwriting Specimen (NAPOLCOM)
Tomorrow is the start of application for NCRPO. Here’s the detailed schedule of online application for PNP recruitment. Photos courtesy of PNP Recruitment Applicant 2020.