Manila, Philippines – The Department of Education (DepEd) through the National Educators Academy of the Philippines (NEAP) reminds the interested applicants on the validated list of applicants for the November 2016 Principals’ Test.
The exam is scheduled to take place on November 6, 2016 at various NEAP Regional testing centers nationwide.
Update July 29, 2016: NEAP advised that clarifications on validated applicants shall contact the respective regional offices at below contact numbers. (image below courtesy of NEAP)
As quoted from NEAP announcement,
The National Technical Working Group (NTWG) would like to clarify and reiterate the following:
- If the applicant did not follow Step 2: Online Application, automatically the name will not be included in the validated list.
- For Regions 1, 3, 4A and 7, the email addresses assigned have reached the maximum inbox capacity. If the applicant’s name is not on the list but emailed the documents before 12 noon of July 2, kindly show a screenshot of the bounced back email (mailer daemon) along with the necessary documents to the RTWG.
- As stipulated in the DepEd Memorandum No. 80, s.2016, “Only the applications of those who both answered the online application and emailed the complete documents within the application period shall be processed. Falsification of qualifications and/or documents by the applicants or involved SDO/RO employees shall be subject to investigation with grounds on grave dishonesty as mandated by Civil Service Commission rules and regulations.”
- Validated applicants shall accomplish Step 5 on or before August 12, 2016.
Previous Exam/ Test Details on Deadline of Filing
As per DepEd Memorandum Order No. 8, series of 2016, the original deadline for online submission of requirements was June 18, 2016 but now extended up to July 2, 2016, 12:00 noon.
- CARAGA, CAR, ARMM, NCR, NIR, Region 1, Region 2, Region 3, Region 4A, Region 4B, Region 5, Region 6, Region 7, Region 8, Region 9, Region 10, Region 11, Region 12
After registration, the applicant shall submit the required scanned requirements at below specific email addresses for each region. A confirmation message from Regional Office-Quality Assurance Division (RO-QAD) will be sent to the applicant upon receipt of the application. Should there be problems, NEAP advised to directly contact the regional office. (Screenshots courtesy of NEAP)
The RO-QAD will then validate the applications and will submit the approved applicants to the National Technical Working Group (NTWG) which will release the Memorandum stipulating the list of applicants for payment of application fee.
Only the eligible applicants shall submit the 2 by 2 ID picture with name tag taken in the last three months (with signature at the back) to the SDO personnel and pay the registration fee of Php 500.00 at SDO cashier on the above-stated date. The breakdown of expenses is written in the embedded memo below.
Who can Apply?
The 2016 Principals’ Test is a yearly exam conducted by NEAP. Passing this exam is one of the requirements for teachers aspiring to become school principal. The test is open to all applicants as stipulated in DepEd Order No. 39, series of 2007 entitled “Modified Qualification Standards for the Positions of Head Teachers and Principals” and DepEd Order No. 97 series of 2011 entitled “Revised Guidelines on the Allocation and Reclassification of School Heads Positions”.
The applicant for the Principals’ Test shall meet any of the following eligibility criteria:
- One year as head teacher
- Two years as teacher in charge or Master Teacher
- Five years as teacher III or SPED Teacher
- Five years as incumbent public school teacher who has five years of managerial and supervisory experience in DepEd recognized private institution or CHED recognized higher education institution.
Scanned Documentary Requirements
Below documents shall be completed by the applicant and must be sent to above-mentioned email addresses before the deadline.
- Certification of Eligibility from the Schools Division Office Personnel Section, certified by the Schools Division Superintendent (SDS)
- Performance Rating of Very Satisfactory (VS) for the last two rating periods (PAST/PASAG in SY 2014-2015 and accomplished IPCRF using the RPMS in SY 2015-2016) certified by the SDO.
- Signed Service Record
- Designation as teacher-in-charge signed by SDS (if applicable)
- Certificate of managerial and administrative experience from DepEd-recognized private institution or CHED-recognized higher education institution (if applicable)
For complete details of the aforementioned test, here is the DepEd Memorandum No. 8, series of 2016 entitled “2016 Principals’ Test” courtesy of the Department of Education.