MANILA, Philippines – The October 2022 Civil Service Exam (CSE) for the Fire Officer Examination (FOE), Penology Officer Examination (POE), Basic Competency on Local Treasury Examination (BCLTE) results, including the complete list of passers, top 10 examinees and overall performance of schools are released by the Civil Service Commission within forty (40) days after the day of exams.
The October 2022 Civil Service Exams for FOE, POE, and BCLTE were conducted on Sunday, October 23, 2022, at the designated testing centers around the country.
October 23, 2022 CSE Summary of Results
- Fire Officer Exam (FOE) – All Regions
- Penology Officer Exam (POE) – All Regions
- Competency on Local Treasury Examination (BCLTE) – All Regions
A total of 80,805 examinees were expected to take the exams. Here is the breakdown of examinees:
- FOE: 63,621
- POE: 10,461
- BCLTE: 6,723
Release of Results
According to the CSC’s examinees guide in taking eligibility tests, the target release of October 23, 2022, FOE, POE and BCLTE examination results will be within forty (40) days after the exams. Stand by from December 1-2, 2022.
Meanwhile, official October 2022 CSE results may also be released earlier or later than the target date without prior notice. We advise keeping tuning in for updates.
Verification of Rating through OCSERGS/COE
The Civil Service Exam rating can be generated in approximately fifteen (15) days after the posting of official results.
It can accessed using the Online Civil Service Exam Result Generation System (OCSERGS).
Those who pass the exams should verify with the CSC Regional Office the availability of Certification of Eligibility (CoE). Representatives are not allowed to claim the CoE.
Claiming of certification will be available approximately thirty (30) days after the posting of results.
The October 2022 Fire Officer Exam (FOE) covered the following topics:
- General Ability (25%): Verbal, Analytical and Numerical
- Fire Suppression (30%): Pre-Fire Planning; Firefighting Techniques and Procedures; Tools, Equipment and Apparatus
- Fire Safety and Prevention (20%): Fire Code of the Philippines; Fire Safety Related Codes, NFPA Laws and other BFP Issuances (Building Code, Electrical Code); BFP Citizens Charter, SOP/MCs on Fire Safety Inspection
- Fire Investigation (15%): The Law on Arson in the Philippines (RPC); Procedures and Techniques; SOP’s in Fire and Arson Investigation
- Administrative Matters (10%): RA 6975, 9263 & 9592 and its IRR; CSC Rules and Regulations and Qualification Standards; BFP Memo Circulars and SOP’s on Administrative Matters
- General Ability (50%): Verbal, Analytical, Numerical
- Jail Management Concepts and Applications (30%): Commitment and Classifications of Inmates/Prisoners/Detainees; Reception Procedures, Classification and Disciplinary Boards and Punishable Acts of Inmates; Treatment of Inmates with Special Needs
- Custodial Concepts and Applications (45%): Custody, Security and Control, Emergency Plans, Movement and Transfer of Prisoners and Detainees; Inmates’ Rights and Privileges
- Inmates Welfare and Development Programs (15%)
- BJMP Administrative Matters (10%): Salient Features of RA 6713 & RA 9263; Omnibus Rules on Leave; Bill of Rights – Article III of the Constitution; RA 9745; 2017 Omnibus Rules on Appointments and Other Human Resource Actions; 2017 BJMP Comprehensive Administrative Disciplinary Machinery
BCLTE Exam Coverage
- General Ability (Verbal; Analytical; Leadership and Management; RA 6713)
- Specialized/ Technical Area (Mobilization of Resources; Management of Local Treasury Services; Safekeeping of Local Funds and Records; Preparation and Analysis of Treasury and Non-Treasury Related Reports; Coordinating and Communicating Local Treasury Matters with Stakeholders; Management of Other PFM Areas; Management of Inter-Government and Other Fund Transfers)
The FOE and POE results are equivalent to both second level eligibilities. To quote CSC,
The resulting Fire Officer Eligibility and the Penology Officer Eligibility are both second level eligibilities that are specific and appropriate for second level ranks in the fire protection and jail management and penology services, respectively, and other functionally related services. These eligibilities, however, are not appropriate for ranks under the Philippine National Police.
Number of Exam Items
For FOE, there are total of 160 items. 150 test items for the test proper while 10 items for the EDQ.
The examinee shall obtain 80.00% general rating to pass the examination.
2022 CSE Schedule
Here are the details of applications for the Year 2022 Civil Service Exams:
|Date of Exam||Title of Examination||Start of Application||Deadline of Application||Target Release of Results|
|March 13, 2022||CSE Professional and Subprofessional|
(Reset of July 18, 2022)
|January 12, 2022||January 27, 2022||May 12, 2022|
|April 24, 2022||FOE, POE, BCLTE|
(Reset of October 10, 2021)
(Reset of September 12, 2022 for the 9 remaining testing centers)
|–||–||June 4, 2022|
|June 19, 2022||CSE-Professional and Subprofessional|
|April 12, 2022||April 28, 2022||August 18, 2022|
|August 7, 2022||CSE-FSO, ICLTE||June 2, 2022||June 16, 2022||September 17, 2022|
|October 23, 2022||FOE, POE, BCLTE||August 18, 2022||September 1, 2022||December 3, 2022|
Bar/ Board/ Honor Graduates CSC Eligibilities
Bar examination passers given by the Supreme Court of the Philippines are automatically granted with Civil Service Eligibility.
Board Exam passers given by the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) are also automatically granted with CSC eligibility under Republic Act No. 1080.
Honor Graduates may opt not to apply also since they are already eligible and may be granted with Honor Graduate Eligibility under P.D. 907.
Though the following are already CSC eligibles, they can always opt to take CSE if they like.
To receive regular updates about October 2022 FOE, POE, and BCLTE results, as well as other related announcements, we advise our visitors to bookmark this page, visit CSC official website, follow us on our social media pages via Facebook and Twitter or join the member’s discussions at our Facebook Group.
If you have comments/reactions about this article, feel free to share them in the comment section below.