DOST announced the schedule of scholarship program online application for Academic Year (AY) 2021-2022.
READ THE LATEST: DOST Scholarship 2021: Apply Online Now! Here’s How?
Applications started on June 2, 2020 until August 28, 2020. Before downloading and filling out the form, interested applicants may check the documentary requirements and basic qualifications for the scholarship program.
Below steps on filling out the the 2021 DOST scholarship forms were drafted from the forms. Should there be changes/ updates for 2021 forms, this article will be revised/updated.
DOST SCHOLARSHIP 2021 RELATED ARTICLES
GUIDE IN FILLING OUT THE DOST SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM APPLICATION FORMS
- FORM A (Personal Information) – Write clearly in capital letters the personal information in the box provided or check the box for the appropriate answer. Avoid erasure. Should there be any, the applicant should countersign the item corrected along the page margin
- Personal Data – Fill out the name (last name, first name, middle name), the DepEd Learner Reference Number, Date of Birth, Place of Birth, number of children in the family, birth order of the applicant whether 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc., gender/sex, mobile phone number, email address citizenship, permanent address, the passport number if available, type of school (whether regular public highschool, science high school, private high school or university/ college based senior high school), the strand of the senior high school whether STEM or NON-STEM, name and address of school as well as the annual tuition and other fees.
- Family Data – Provide the information about the parents (mother, father) or guardian including the name, contact number, highest educational attainment, occupation, the name of the employer, address of the employer, the 2019 annual gross income, if self-employed, declare the 2019 annual gross income, whether the household is included in the DSWD Listahanan 2.0 or the family is beneficiary of the DSWD’s Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps)
- Scholarship Intentions Data – Check the appropriate DOST scholarship program applied for.
- RA 7687 Science and Technology Scholarship – For an applicant who belongs to a family whose socio-economic status does not exceed the set values of ALL the identified indicators as approved by the Advisory Committee on S&T scholarships.
- DOST-SEI Merit Scholarship – For an applicant who belongs to a family whose socio-economic status exceeds the set values of any of the identified indicators. Applicant must pay a non-refundable test fee of P200.00.
- FORM B (Household Information Questionnaire) – Provide the individual profiles of the household members. This include the parents, applicant and applicant’s siblings who are single, age 21 and below, live under the same roof and share in common food.
- Household Profile
- Write the name of the household member. The head of the family in the first row. The household head usually provides the chief source of income for the family. He or she is responsible for the organization and care of the household or the person who is regarded as such by the members of the household.
- Write the relationship to the applicant, age, the civil status (S for Single, M for Married, W for Widowed, D for Divorced/Separated and U for Unknown)
- Specify the highest educational attainment of the household member, the grade or year attending if currently in school and the occupation of the household member.
- Write the class of worker using these codes:
- A – works for private household,
- B – works for private establishment,
- C – works for government agency/corporation,
- D – Self-employed without any employee (e.g., sari-sari store owner, dressmaker)
- E – employer in own family-operated farm/business
- F – works with pay on own family-operated farm/business
- G – works without pay on own family-operated farm/business
- H – unemployed (e.g. housewife)
- Compute and write the gross income for the year 2019 (in pesos) including the overall total.
- Financial Contribution – If both parents are unemployed, specify the sibling/s or relative/s other than those named in the (I.)Household Profile (whether here or abroad) who contribute in meeting your family and school expenses.
- Write the purpose of financial contribution (e.g., educational assistance), the relationship of the contributor to the applicant, frequency of distribution (A – Monthly, B – Quarterly, C – Semi Annual, D – Annual, E – Irregular) and the amount of annual contribution in pesos.
- Write the total annual household gross income in 2019 (this can be obtained by getting the sum of household profile and financial contribution)
- Other Household Contribution
- Electric Consumption. Write the electric consumption for the last three (3) months. Specify whether the family share electricity with other families.
- Ownership of Housing Unit. Check whether the house is owned and fully paid, owned and amortized, rented, rent free/ living with relatives, others.
- Vehicle. Check whether the family owned a vehicle (tricycle, passenger vehicle, car, SUV, AUV or truck/bus)
The link to download the 2021 DOST Scholarship forms will be provided as soon as DOST released the forms (expected by June 2020).
2021 DOST SCHOLARSHIP ONLINE APPLICATION
Interested DOST Scholarship applicants may follow the online application from the DOST-SEI official website. The link to the scholarship online application portal will be provided here as soon as DOST started the applications.
TYPES OF DOST-SEI SCHOLARSHIP
There are two (2) types of scholarship under the DOST – S&T Undergraduate Scholarship Programs. The RA 7687 and Merit Scholarship.
- RA 7687 SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM – Pursuant to Republic Act No. 7687 or the “Science and Technology Act of 1994”, the Science and Technology (S & T) undergraduate scholarship program aims to stimulate and entice talented Filipino students to pursue careers in science and technology and ensure a steady and adequate supply of qualified human resources which could help the country to progress. Likewise, it aims to provide scholarship opportunity to students families’ socio-economic status do not exceed the set cut-off values of certain indicators. RA 7657 DOST Scholarship qualifiers are directed to pursue priority fields of study in basic sciences, engineering, other applied sciences and science and Mathematics teaching.
- DOST SEI MERIT SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM -This is formerly known as the NSDB or NSTA Scholarship, begun in 1958. Merit scholars pursue priority courses in the basic sciences, engineering, other applied sciences and science/mathematics teaching at identified universities
2021 DOST SCHOLARSHIP SCHEDULE OF FILING
|June 2020 (Estimate, to be confirmed/updated)||September 2020 (Estimate, to be confirmed/updated)|
Should you need further clarifications, you may reach DOST – SEI at below contact details.
Department of Science and Technology SCIENCE EDUCATION INSTITUTE
1st and 2nd Levels, Science Heritage Bldg.,
DOST Compound, General Santos Ave., Bicutan, Taguig City
Contact nos. (02) 839-0083, (02) 837-1333, 837-2071 loc. 2382
To receive regular updates on DOST scholarship, among other important announcements, we recommend to visit DOST-SEI official website or follow us at our social media pages via Facebook and Twitter or join the members discussions at our Facebook Group.
All news, results and announcements at this website are posted for general information and dissemination only. We do not make any warranty on the reliability, completeness and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information at this website is strictly at your own risk and we are not liable for the losses and damages in connection with the use of our website. For inquiries, clarifications, questions on the accuracy, veracity on content of the information and announcements posted, you may directly visit DOST official website and follow them at their official fan pages.
Should you find further inconsistencies in the article that needs to be corrected/updated, kindly message us from the contact details posted in the contact section of this page or post it as comment below.