MANILA, Philippines – Philippine National Police (PNP) through their official page have announced that they are hiring new policemen this 2020. If you are aged 21 to 30 years old is willing to serve the country, you are welcome to apply.
The National Police Commission (NAPOLCOM) and the Department of Budget and Management have authorized the PNP to fill up the 17,000 new vacancies. This comprised of the 10,000 annual regular recruitment quota and 7,000 additional quota to replace the retired, deceased, dismissed, AWOL and other separated personnel.
In a statement of Police Lieutenant General Archie Francisco F Gamboa, they want as many applicants so they can select the cream of the crop. To quote,
We want the largest pool of applicants that we can muster from which to select only the best and most qualified candidates that will be recruited into the police service
The annual recruitment program has taken Philippine law enforcement to a higher level by closing the gap in the police-to-population ratio to within ideal limits set by law
HOW MUCH IS THE SALARY OF NEW POLICE IN 2020?
Successful applicant will have a monthly salary of P29,668.00, aside from other allowances and benefits. This is the salary of the initial rank in PNP, formerly called PO1, now referred as Police Patrolman.
Those interested to apply are advised to have their required certifications and documentary requirements ready as recruitment will commence in the coming weeks. PNP applications will be done online. To quote from Police Major General Lyndon Cubos, the PNP Director for Personnel and Records Management,
We have adapted this digital information system in recruitment application to level the playing field for all applicants by eliminating opportunities for third party intervention in the rigid selection process
Under this system, all applicants become nameless and faceless entries represented only by barcodes while going thru all the mandatory procedures of tests, interviews, and physical and psychological examinations
HOW TO APPLY FOR PNP PO1/PATROLMAN?
Interested applicants may apply online through DPRM website – Online Recruitment application. For Patrolman/Patrolwoman, here are the basic requirements posted in their portal.
- A citizen of the Philippines
- A person of good moral character
- Must have passed the psychiatric/psychological, drug and physical tests to be administered by the PNP
- Must possess a formal baccalaureate degree from a recognized learning institution;
- Must be eligible
- PNP Entrance (NAPOLCOM)
- RA No. 1080 (Bar and Board Examinations)
- PD No. 907 (CS eligibility to College Honor Graduates)
- Must not have been dishonorably discharged from military employment or dismissed for cause from any civilian position in the government
- Must not have been convicted by final judgment of an offense or crime involving moral turpitude
- Must be at least one meter and sixty-two centimeters (1.62m) in height for male and one meter and fifty-seven centimeters (1.57m)
- Must weight not more or less than five kilograms (5kg) from the standard weight Corresponding to his/her weight, age, and sex
- Must not be less than twenty-one (21) nor more than thirty (30) years of age
Here are the documents required for filing of application:
- Civil Service Personal Data Sheet (Revised 2005)
- NSO-authenticated Birth Certificate
- Authenticated Certificate of Eligibility
- 2 pcs. 2×2 black and white picture with name tag, 1 bust-size picture, and 1 whole body picture
- Authenticated Transcript of Records/Diploma
- Local Clearances such as Barangay, Police, RTC/MTC and NBI
- Medical Certificate (examinations to be administered by the PNP)
- Fingerprint and Handwriting Specimen (NAPOLCOM)