MANILA, Philippines – The Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) releases the list of room assignments for the August 2021 Board Licensure Exam for Mechanical Engineers and Certified Plant Mechanics (ME-CPM) few days before the exams.
The August 2021 Mechanical Engineering licensure exams are originally scheduled on February 2021 but later re-scheduled due to the COVID-19 pandemic resulting to several travel restrictions.
The August 2021 Mechanical Engineering board exams will be conducted on August 15-16, 2021 at PRC testing centers located at the Baguio, Davao, Lucena, Rosales, Tacloban and Zamboanga. Meanwhile, the conduct of MELE in the National Capital Region/ Metro Manila, Cebu and Cagayan de Oro is cancelled.
The Board of Mechanical Engineering is headed by its Chairman, Engr. Leandro A. Conti and its members, Engr. Jerico T. Borja and Engr. Lorenzo P. Larion.
Room Assignments for August 2021 Mechanical Engineering Board Exam
Examinees are advised to verify the room assignments to the links below or through the notices and announcements to be posted at the PRC official website. Here is the room assignments for the August 2021 Mechanical Engineering and Certified Plant Mechanic licensure exams.
- Mechanical Engineering
- Certified Plant Mechanic
Examinees shall report before 6:00 in the morning on the said date because late comers will not be admitted as examination fees for late examinees will also be forfeited.
What to wear on examination day?
Here are the specified dress codes from PRC:
- For male examinees, tucked-in white polo shirt with collar (without any seal, logo, or mark); decent pants or slacks
- For female examinees, tucked-in white blouse or shirt with collar (without any seal, logo, or mark); decent pants or slacks
- Examinees shall be well-groomed, with hair properly clipped and/or pony tailed.
What to bring on the day of exams?
Here are the things to bring during the examination proper:
- Notice of Admission
- Official Receipt
- One (1) piece of metered-stamped window mailing envelope
- Two (2) or more pencils (NO. 2)
- Ball pens (black ink only)
- One (1) piece long brown envelope
- One (1) piece long transparent/plastic envelope (for keeping your valuables and other allowed items)
- Non-programmable calculator
- Health Forms (Pursuant to Memorandum No. 68, series of 2020)
- Negative RT-PCR Test Results, if applicable, or Certificate of Quarantine (Pursuant to Memorandum No. 68, series of 2020)
What are not allowed during board exams?
- Books, notes, review materials, and other printed materials containing coded information or formulas
- Calculators that can automatically carry out a sequence of operations under control of a stored program, much like a computer and/or with audio-visual features, and/or capable of external communication or internet connectivity fall under programmable calculators (Pursuant to Board Resolution No. 04 s. 2020), specifically CASIO FX991ES and CASIO FX-991ES plus
- Apple, Samsung and other smart watches, cellular phones, ear plugs, transmitters, portable computers, Bluetooth and other electronic devices which may be used for communication purposes;
- Bags of any kind
Board exams during the COVID-19 pandemic
The following precautionary health and safety guidelines shall be observed at all times during the conduct of the PRC licensure exams:
- Wearing of face mask and face shield. Examinees are also required to bring alcohol-based sanitizers.
- Examination personnel shall be provided with face mask, face shield and latex gloves.
- Observe physical distancing by maintaining 1-meter distance from one another.
- Body temperature will be checked using thermal scanner prior to entry at examination premises. Those with fever, colds or cough are not allowed to take the exams. Their payment will not be forfeited and can be used in the next licensure exam.
- Examinees are advised to bring their food as they will not be allowed to exit the examination room during break time and lunch time.
- Examinees shall sanitize before entering the examination room, after using the rest room and before distribution of test questionnaires.
PRC added that they will not be responsible of any lost personal belongings.
2021 Mechanical Engineering Licensure Exam Schedule
Shown below is the schedule of exams for the 2021 Mechanical Engineering board exams:
|Date of Exam||Testing Locations||Start of Application||Deadline of Application|
|August 15 & 16, 2021||NCR, Baguio, Cagayan de Oro, Cebu, Davao, Lucena, Rosales, Tacloban and Zamboanga||May 14, 2021||July 15, 2021|
- PRC Memorandum No. 68 series of 2020 issued on November 6, 2020 entitled “Updated standard guidelines on the strict health protocols to observe in the conduct of licensure examinations during the covid-19 pandemic.
- Program for Mechanical Engineering and Certified Plant Mechanic licensure exams for August 2021 from PRC
For those who want to clarify something, PRC advised to email them through the Licensure Exam Division at below contacts:
To receive regular updates about August 2021 Mechanical Engineering board exam as well as other related announcements, we advise our visitors to bookmark this page, visit PRC official website, follow us at our social media pages via Facebook and Twitter or join the members discussions at our Facebook Group.
If you have comments/reactions about this article, feel free to share it at the comment section below.