MANILA, Philippines – The Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) has postponed the February 2021 Mechanical Engineer (ME) and Certified Plant Mechanic (CPM) Licensure Exam scheduled on February 27-28, 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The latter has been rescheduled on August 15-16, 2021.
The 2021 licensure exams for aspiring Mechanical Engineers and Certified Plant Mechanics will be held at PRC testing centers located at the National Capital Region (NCR), Baguio, Cagayan de Oro, Cebu, Davao, Lucena, Rosales, Tacloban and Zamboanga.
To quote from the PRC official announcement,
Due to the unpredictable circumstances and continued restrictions brought by the extended community quarantines and to ensure the health and safety of all examinees and examination personnel, the Professional Regulation Commission informs the public that the February 27-28, 2021 Licensure Examinations for Mechanical Engineers and Certified Plant Mechanics have been rescheduled to August 15-16, 2021.Source: PRC
2021 ME-CPM Board Exam Schedule
|Program||Old Sched||New Sched|
|Mechanical Engineering||February 27-28, 2021||August 15-16, 2021|
|Certified Plant Mechanic||February 27-28, 2021||August 15-16, 2021|
Rescheduled Board Exams for 2021
Here is the updated list of 2021 board exams which were postponed and rescheduled due to the pandemic.
|Program||Old Sched||New Sched|
|Radiologic Technologist||April 11-12, 2021||May 16-17, 2021|
|X-Ray Technologist||April 11-12, 2021||May 16-17, 2021|
|Architecture (ALE)||January 29 & 30, 2021|
August 27 & 29, 2021
|Nurse (NLE)||May 30 & 31, 2021||July 3-4, 2021|
|Real Estate Brokers||April 18, 2021||July 21, 2021|
|Real Estate Consultant (Written)||February 4, 2021||July 21, 2021|
|Real Estate Consultant (Revalida)||February 15-19, 2021||July 22-26, 2021|
|Master Plumber||February 20-21, 2021|
Rescheduled to Feb. 2022
|Psychologist||February 23-24, 2021||August 1-2, 2021|
|Mechanical Engineer (ME)||February 27-28, 2021||August 15-16, 2021|
|Certified Plant Mechanic (CPM)||February 27-28, 2021||August 15-16, 2021|
|Registered Electrical Engineer (REE)||April 20-21, 2021||September 5-6, 2021|
|Registered Master Electrician (RME)||April 22, 2021||September 7, 2021|
|Real Estate Appraiser||June 2, 2021||September 22, 2021|
|Professional Teachers (LET)||March 28, 2021||1st Batch – September 26, 2021|
2nd Batch – January 30, 2022
3rd Batch – March 27, 2022
4th Batch – June 26, 2022
|Chemical Engineer||May 11-13, 2021|
October 2-4, 2021
|October 3-5, 2021|
|Certified Public Accountant (CPALE)||May 16, 17, & 23, 2021||October 10, 11, and 12, 2021|
|Certified Public Accountant (CPALE)||October 9, 10 & 16, 2021||October 10, 11, & 12, 2021|
|Optometry Practical Phase (OLE)||April 27-30, 2021||October 18-21, 2021|
|Forester||August 12-13, 2021||October 20-21, 2021|
|Electronics Engineer (ECE)||April 14-15, 2021||October 24-25, 2021|
|Electronics Technician (ECT)||April 16, 2021||October 26, 2021|
|Electronics Engineer (ECE)||October 23-24, 2021||October 24-25, 2021|
|Electronics Technician (ECT)||October 25, 2021||October 26, 2021|
|Civil Engineering (CE)||May 2-3, 2021||November 14-15, 2021|
|Nurse (NLE)||November 20 & 21, 2021||November 21 & 22, 2021|
|Dental Hygienist (Written Phase)||May 19, 2021||November 23, 2021|
|Dental Hygienist (Practical Phase)||May 20, 2021||November 24, 2021|
|Dentist (Written Phase)||May 5-7, 2021||November 28-30, 2021|
|Dentist (Practical Phase)||May 25-28, 2021||December 1-4 & 7-10, 2021|
|Physical Therapist (PT)||February 7-8, 2021||December 5-6, 2021|
|Occupational Therapist (OT)||February 7-8, 2021||December 5-6, 2021|
|Criminology||June 13, 14 & 15, 2021||December 12, 13 & 14, 2021|
|Dental Technologist (Written Phase)||December 8, 2021||December 16, 2021|
|Dental Technologist (Practical Phase)||December 9-10, 2021||December 17-18, 2021|
|Interior Designer||June 29-30 & July 1, 2021||Year 2022|
|Landscape Architect||July 6-7, 2021||Year 2022|
|Guidance Counselor||August 18-19, 2021||Year 2022|
This table will be immediately updated should there be further changes on board exams postponement/cancellations.
On November 2020, PRC has released the schedule of board exams for the year 2021 through Resolution No. 1283 Series of 2020. These includes the opening of online processing, deadline of filing, target release of results, among other important announcements.
Online Application Portal
Applicants must refer to this page to apply: https://online.prc.gov.ph/
What to bring on examination day?
- Notice of Admission
- Official Receipt
- Two or more pencils (No. 2)
- Ball pens with black ink only
- One (1) piece long brown envelope
- One (1) piece long transparent/plastic envelope (for keeping your valuables
- and other allowed items)
- Health Forms (Pursuant to Memorandum No. 68, series of 2020)
- Negative RT-PCR Test Results, if applicable, or Certificate of Quarantine (Pursuant to Resolution No. 21, series of 2020)
Per Memorandum No. 68 series of 2020, entitled “Updated Guidelines on the Strict Health Protocols to be Observed in the Conduct of Licensure Exams during the COVID-19 Pandemic”, examinees and examination personnel who fall under the following groups shall undergo the mandatory Reverse Transcription-Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) testing from any of the Department of Health (DOH) accredited facilities three to five (3-5) days before the examination date/s:
1.1. Suspect cases; or
1.2. Individuals with relevant history of travel and exposure (or contact), whether symptomatic or asymptomatic; and
1.3. Health care workers with possible exposure, whether symptomatic or asymptomatic.
The following exposures should have happened two (2) days before or within fourteen (14) days from onset of symptoms of a confirmed or probable case:
1.3.1. Face-to-face contact with a confirmed case within one (1) meter and for more than fifteen (15) minutes;
1.3.2. Direct physical contact with a confirmed case;
1.3.3. Direct care for a patient with probable or confirmed COVID-19 disease without using proper personal protective equipment.
In this case, examinees and examination personnel shall be required to submit the result of their RT-PCR tests.
Only those examinees with negative results shall be allowed to take the examination.
However, if an examinee or examination personnel does not fall in the above-mentioned conditions, he/she may undergo a 14-day quarantine period wherein he/she is asymptomatic for at least 14 days prior to the scheduled examination date/s, provided that he/she has no close contact or exposure to the aforementioned cases, he/she shall be allowed to take/assist the examination in the absence of RT-PCR test. A Certificate of Quarantine or its equivalent signed by any of the following shall be submitted instead:
2.1. Any licensed Physician (government or private physician);
2.2. Municipal Health Officer, Provincial Health Officer or City Health Officer;
2.3. Barangay Officer visiting the examinee’s residence attesting that he/she has been in quarantine for 14 days.
3. Examinees coming from other countries should be able to quarantine for 14 days or provide a negative RT-PCR test result whichever is shorter.
4. All examination personnel including the PNP/PRC Security Officers assigned in the Confidential Printing Room (CPR) and those assigned to transport and secure the test materials in various testing venues shall undergo the RT-PCR test to assure their safety as well as to those involved in the administration of examination. Only those mentioned personnel with negative RT-PCR result and Certificate of Quarantine shall be allowed to assist/administer the same.
Health Standards for Examinees and Examination Personnel
1. All examinees and examination personnel shall enforce the following precautionary measures among themselves:
- Observe physical distancing of two (2) meters between examinees. Examinees shall be restricted to their assigned seat;
- Wear face mask (at least 3-ply surgical mask, preferably N95 mask) and face shield at all times;
- Bring 70% ethyl alcohol for hand disinfection;
- Wear latex gloves for exam personnel handling the test questionnaires.
2. Examinee shall submit the duly accomplished Informed Consent (Annex A) and Health Declaration (Annex B) forms with the Notice of Admission (NOA) and the negative RT-PCR test result/Quarantine Certificate to the proctor on the examination day.
Informed Consent and Health Declaration Forms can be downloaded on the PRC official website (www.prc.gov.ph);
3. Examinees and examination personnel shall bring their own meals (pre-packed meal/snack and drink) to be eaten during breaks, while being in their assigned seats.
Face masks will only be removed when taking meals or drinks. Windows will be opened to improve ventilation during breaks;
4. Examinees shall bring their own pens, pencils and erasers. Borrowing from seatmate is not allowed to prevent cross-contamination;
5. Talking and loitering are prohibited in the hallways or in the examination room.
For those who want to clarify something, PRC advised to email them through the Licensure Exam Division at below contacts:
To receive fast and reliable news and announcements regarding the Mechanical Engineering and Certified Plant Mechanic licensure examinations for 2021 including the updated dates of online processing, we advise our readers to visit PRC official website.