Manila, Philippines – The Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) announces the schedule of exams and online application details for January 2021 ALE/ Architect Licensure Exam.
The board exams for Architects will be held on January 29 and 31, 2021 at designated testing locations in NCR/Metro Manila, Baguio, Cebu, Davao, Legaspi, Lucena and Zamboanga.
|Name of Examination||Date of Exam||Day||Places||Opening and Deadline of Applications|
|Architects||January 29 & 31, 2021||Friday, Sunday||NCR/Metro Manila, Baguio, Cebu, Davao, Legaspi, Lucena and Zamboanga||October 29, 2020 to December 28, 2020|
PRC has released the complete schedule of board exams for the year 2021 on Tuesday, November 10, 2020.
ONLINE APPLICATION PORTAL
WHAT TO BRING ON EXAMINATION DAY
- Notice of Admission
- Official Receipt
- Two or more pencils (No. 2)
- Ball pens with black ink only
- One (1) piece long brown envelope
- One (1) piece long transparent/plastic envelope (for keeping your valuables
- and other allowed items)
- Health Forms (Pursuant to Memorandum No. 68, series of 2020)
- Negative RT-PCR Test Results, if applicable, or Certificate of Quarantine (Pursuant to Resolution No. 21, series of 2020)
Per Memorandum No. 68 series of 2020, entitled “Updated Guidelines on the Strict Health Protocols to be Observed in the Conduct of Licensure Exams during the COVID-19 Pandemic”, examinees and examination personnel who fall under the following groups shall undergo the mandatory Reverse Transcription-Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) testing from any of the Department of Health (DOH) accredited facilities three to five (3-5) days before the examination date/s:
1.1. Suspect cases; or
1.2. Individuals with relevant history of travel and exposure (or contact), whether symptomatic or asymptomatic; and
1.3. Health care workers with possible exposure, whether symptomatic or asymptomatic.
The following exposures should have happened two (2) days before or within fourteen (14) days from onset of symptoms of a confirmed or probable case:
1.3.1. Face-to-face contact with a confirmed case within one (1) meter and for more than fifteen (15) minutes;
1.3.2. Direct physical contact with a confirmed case;
1.3.3. Direct care for a patient with probable or confirmed COVID-19 disease without using proper personal protective equipment.
In this case, examinees and examination personnel shall be required to submit the result of their RT-PCR tests.
Only those examinees with negative results shall be allowed to take the examination.
However, if an examinee or examination personnel does not fall in the above-mentioned conditions, he/she may undergo a 14-day quarantine period wherein he/she is asymptomatic for at least 14 days prior to the scheduled examination date/s, provided that he/she has no close contact or exposure to the aforementioned cases, he/she shall be allowed to take/assist the examination in the absence of RT-PCR test. A Certificate of Quarantine or its equivalent signed by any of the following shall be submitted instead:
2.1. Any licensed Physician (government or private physician);
2.2. Municipal Health Officer, Provincial Health Officer or City Health Officer;
2.3. Barangay Officer visiting the examinee’s residence attesting that he/she has been in quarantine for 14 days.
3. Examinees coming from other countries should be able to quarantine for 14 days or provide a negative RT-PCR test result whichever is shorter.
4. All examination personnel including the PNP/PRC Security Officers assigned in the Confidential Printing Room (CPR) and those assigned to transport and secure the test materials in various testing venues shall undergo the RT-PCR test to assure their safety as well as to those involved in the administration of examination. Only those mentioned personnel with negative RT-PCR result and Certificate of Quarantine shall be allowed to assist/administer the same.
HEALTH STANDARDS FOR EXAMINEES AND EXAMINATION PERSONNEL
1. All examinees and examination personnel shall enforce the following precautionary measures among themselves:
- Observe physical distancing of two (2) meters between examinees. Examinees shall be restricted to their assigned seat;
- Wear face mask (at least 3-ply surgical mask, preferably N95 mask) and face shield at all times;
- Bring 70% ethyl alcohol for hand disinfection;
- Wear latex gloves for exam personnel handling the test questionnaires.
2. Examinee shall submit the duly accomplished Informed Consent (Annex A) and Health Declaration (Annex B) forms with the Notice of Admission (NOA) and the negative RT-PCR test result/Quarantine Certificate to the proctor on the examination day.
Informed Consent and Health Declaration Forms can be downloaded on the PRC official website (www.prc.gov.ph);
3. Examinees and examination personnel shall bring their own meals (pre-packed meal/snack and drink) to be eaten during breaks, while being in their assigned seats.
Face masks will only be removed when taking meals or drinks. Windows will be opened to improve ventilation during breaks;
4. Examinees shall bring their own pens, pencils and erasers. Borrowing from seatmate is not allowed to prevent cross-contamination;
5. Talking and loitering are prohibited in the hallways or in the examination room.
In the last Architecture board exams held on January 2020, 1,242 out of 2,229 (55.72%) examinees passed.
Rhicel Gonzales Sapasap from Saint Louis University topped the list of topnotchers having a rating of 84.00% followed by Megan Joyce Herrera Cruz from University of the Philippines Diliman and Denzel Lance Leon Dantis from Mapua University garnering 83.20%.
University of Santo Tomas was the top performing school having 85.19% overall passing rate.
During the June 2019 exams, 2,104 out of 3,172 (66.33%) examinees passed. John Vincent Rojo Lopez from Eulogio Rodriguez Institute of Science and Technology ranked first in the exams garnering a rating of 84.90% followed by Ben John Canonigo Lazo from University of Pangasinan having 84.50%.
University of Santo Tomas (UST) clinched the top spot in the list of performing schools having 92.86% overall passing rate followed by University of San Carlos garnering 86.69%.
PROGRAM ALE JANUARY 2021
For concerns, you may also reach PRC at below email addresses:
To receive regular updates about January 2021 Architecture board exam as well as other related announcements, we advise our visitors to bookmark this page, visit PRC official website, follow us at our social media pages via Facebook and Twitter or join the members discussions at our Facebook Group.