MANILA, Philippines – The Commission on Higher Education (CHED) is calling for interested applicants in the Qatar Scholarship (QS) Program for 2021-2022.
The scholarship is spearheaded by the Qatar Fund for Development in cooperation with various prestigious and leading educational institutions in the State of Qatar.
CHED said that the program is open to international students from developing countries who wish to study in the country.
Interested applicants may have the chance to study in world class colleges and universities in Qatar.
To quote from the QS website,
“International students from developing countries who receive academic admission in one of the programs offered by our partner universities will be eligible for a Qatar Scholarships grant.”
Some of the partner schools are:
- Qatar University
- Doha Institute for Graduate Studies
- Hamad Bin Khalifa University (HBKU) in partnership with The Graduate Institute Geneva (GI)
- Lusail University
How to apply?
Interested applicants may apply at their website via http://qatarscholarships.qa/. Here’s the step by step guide:
- Applicants must first register and meet the admissions requirements of their chosen educational institution in order to provide an equal opportunity without any interventions.
- Applicants apply to receive a scholarship at their academic institutions.
- The academic institution nominates academically eligible applicants from OECD countries for QS scholarship funding.
- QS selects final list of applicants who are awarded a Qatar Scholarship.
What are the courses offered?
As of this writing, here are some of the courses offered in the universities mentioned above:
Doha Institute of Graduate Studies
- Masters in History
- Masters in Philosophy
- Masters in Sociology and Anthropology
- Masters in Linguistics and Arabic Lexicography
- Masters in Comparative Literature
- Masters in Politics and International Relations
- Masters in Media and Cultural Studies
- Masters in Journalism
- Masters in Conflict Management and Humanitarian Action
- Masters in Social Work
- Masters in Psychology
- Masters in Critical Security Studies
- Masters in Human Rights
- Masters in Public Administration
- Masters in Development Economics
- Masters in Public Policy
- Bachelor in Public Law
- Bachelor in Private Law
- Bachelor in Marketing and Distribution Techniques
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor in French Studies
- Bachelor in Teaching English language
- Arabic for Non-Native Speakers
Hamad Bin Khalifa University (HBKU) in partnership with The Graduate Institute Geneva (GI)
- Executive Master in Development Policies & Practices
For further details, interested applicants may reach Qatar Scholarships via [email protected] and use “Qatar Scholarships Program” as subject.