Manila, Philippines – The Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) announced the schedule of application, deadline of filing as well as requirements for application in September 2017 Licensure Examination for Teachers (LET).
The board exams for teachers will be held on Sunday, September 24, 2017 at various testing centers in Manila, Zamboanga, Bacolod, Antique, Pangasinan, Laoag and all Regional Offices nationwide.
PRC likewise designated additional testing centers upon requests of several Local Government Units (LGUs). September 2017 LET will also be held in Mamburao, Occidental Mindoro; Calapan City, Oriental Mindoro; Odiongan, Romblon; Kidapawan, Cotabato; Boac, Marinduque; Virac, Catanduanes; Puerto Princesa City, Palawan and Masbate City.
Below is the detailed schedule for September 2017 LET as per PRC Resolution number 2016-1019 series of 2016 entitled “Schedule of Licensure Examination for the Year 2017”.
|Name of Examination||Date/s of Exam||Day/s||Place||Opening of Online Processing||Deadline of Filing|
|Professional Teachers||September 24, 2017||Su||Manila, All Regional Offices; Zamboanga, Bacolod, Rosales, Pangasinan and General Santos City||May 8, 2017||July 14, 2017|
Update: PRC extended the LET application for Cebu and Tacloban offices to July 21, 2017 (Friday) due to rotational brownouts in Cebu and power outage due to earthquake in Tacloban.
Applicants are advised to submit their applications through the Online Application System of PRC.
ONLINE APPLICATION PORTAL
PRC also reminds applicants to secure all requirements and payment before proceeding to PRC centers for further processing of applications and also avoid further inconvenience.
- As prescribed by RA No. 7836 as amended by RA 9293, a citizen of the Philippines or an alien whose country has reciprocity with the Philippines can apply.
- An applicant shall be at least 18 years old
- The applicant is of good moral character and good moral reputation with moral values, has not been convicted by final judgment by court for an offense involving moral turpitude.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: FIRST TIMERS
- Original and Photocopy of Transcript of Records (TOR) with Special Order (SO), date of graduation, seal of the school, with scanned picture and remarks “For Board Examination Purposes Only” (CHED recognition and permit to operate for graduates of new schools / programs)
- Original and Photocopies of Authenticated Birth Certificate (NSO)/ PSA Marriage Contract for female applicants
- Examination Fee of 900 pesos
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: REMOVAL
- For Teachers in Elementary Grade: BSEED or its equivalent
- For Teachers in Secondary Grade: A bachelor’s degree in education or its equivalent with a major and minor and the degrees which shall be considered equivalent must have to take at least 18 units in Professional Education, or a bachelor’s degree in arts and sciences with at least ten units in professional education .
- For Teachers in Pre-school: A bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education (BECED) or its equivalent
- For Teachers in vocational and two-year technical course: A bachelor’s degree in the field of specialization or its equivalent, with at least 18 units in professional education.
- Original and Photocopy of Transcript of Records (TOR) with Special Order (SO), date of graduation, seal of the school, with scanned picture and remarks “For Board Examination Purposes Only” (Res. 2004-200, s’04) (CHED recognition / permit to operate for graduates of new schools / programs)
- Original and Photocopies of Authenticated Birth Certificate (NSO)
The requirements and details posted above are based on the table of qualification and documentary requirements to accompany an application to take licensure examination courtesy of the Professional Regulation Commission.
The most recent LET was held last March 26, 2017 at Regional Testing centers nationwide. 5,600 elementary teachers out of 53,915 (10.39%) and 18,482 secondary teachers out of 72,584 (25.46%) successfully passed. Results are released after forty (40) working days.
On September 2016 Licensure Exam for Teachers, 23,378 elementary teachers out of 77,466 examinees (30.18%) and 31,334 secondary teachers out of 92,754 examinees (33.78%) successfully passed.
To receive fast and reliable news and announcements regarding the aforementioned board examination, we advise our readers to visit PRC official website or follow us at our social media accounts via Facebook and Twitter.