MANILA, Philippines – Class suspensions on August 16, 2016 (Tuesday) are announced at certain areas by Local Government Units (LGU) due to continuous heavy rains brought by Southwestern Monsoon or ‘Habagat’.
As of 3:00 PM, below is the list of areas with class suspensions on Monday, August 15, 2016.
- Caloocan City – Pagasa ES
- Malabon City – Tinajeros ES, Potrero ES
- Marikina City – Concepcion IS, H Bautista ES, Barangka ES, Kalumpang ES, Concepcion ES, Nangka ES, Sto Niño ES, Malanday ES, Tanong HS, Marikina HS, Sto Niño National HS, Leodegario Victorino ES,
- Valenzuela City – Valenzuela National High School, Luis Francisco Elementary School, San Miguel Heights Elementary School
- Quezon City – Bagong Silangan ES
- Abra – All Levels (Public and Private)
- Bocaue, Bulacan – All Levels (Public and Private)
- Guiginto, Bulacan – All Levels (Public and Private)
- Hagonoy, Bulacan – All Levels (Public and Private)
- Malolos City, Bulacan – All Levels (Public and Private)
- Meycauayan, Bulacan – All Levels (Public and Private)
- Marilao, Bulacan – All Levels (Public and Private)
- Paombong, Bulacan – All Levels (Public and Private)
- Pangasinan Province – All Levels (Public and Private)
- Pampanga – Preschool to Senior High School (Public and Private)
- San Fernando, Pampanga – All Levels (Public and Private)
- San Mateo, Rizal – Preschool to Elementary (Public and Private)
- Rodriguez, Rizal – Preschool to High School (Public and Private)
- Batangas – Lucsuhin NHS
Meanwhile, cancellation of classes for colleges and universities will be at discretion of school officials/ administrators.
On August 15, 2016, LGUs from several areas have declared no classes from preschool, Senior Highschool to college due to harsh weather conditions.
PAGASA WEATHER UPDATE
According to PAGASA weather update issued at: 5:00 AM, 15 August 2016,
Monsoon rains which may trigger flashfloods and landslides will be experienced over Metro Manila, Ilocos Region, Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR) and the provinces of Zambales, Bataan, Cavite, Batangas and Mindoro. Occasional rains will prevail over Western Visayas, rest of Central Luzon and the provinces of Laguna, Quezon, Rizal and Palawan. Cloudy skies with light to moderate rains and thunderstorms is expected over the rest of Luzon and Visayas. Partly cloudy to cloudy skies with isolated rainshowers or thunderstorms will be experienced over Mindanao.
Moderate to strong winds blowing from the southwest will prevail throughout the archipelago and the coastal waters will be moderate to rough.
We advise our readers to bookmark this page or check back for August 16, 2016 suspension of classes updates. You may also follow us via social media accounts at Facebook and Twitter. Detailed class suspension announcements courtesy of Rappler.