MANILA, Philippines – Class suspensions on August 18, 2016 (Thursday) are announced at certain areas by Local Government Units (LGU) due to continuous bad weather conditions brought by Southwestern Monsoon or ‘Habagat’.
As of 5:00 PM, below is the list of areas with class suspensions on Thursday, August 18, 2016.
- Calumpit, Bulacan – All Levels (Public and Private)
- Hagonoy, Bulacan – Preschool to Highschool (Public and Private)
- Malolos, Bulacan – All Levels (Public and Private)
- Guagua, Pampanga – All Levels (Public and Private)
- Masantol, Pampanga – All Levels (Public and Private)
- San Fernando, Pampanga – All Levels (Public and Private)
- Calasiao, Pangasinan – All Levels (Public and Private)
- Lingayen, Pangasinan – All Levels (Public and Private)
Meanwhile, cancellation of classes for colleges and universities will be at discretion of school officials/ administrators.
On August 17, 2016, LGUs from several areas have declared no classes from preschool, Senior Highschool to college due to harsh weather conditions.
PAGASA WEATHER UPDATE
According to PAGASA weather update issued at: 5:00 AM, 17 August 2016,
Monsoon rains which may trigger flashfloods and landslides will be experienced over Ilocos region and the provinces of Benguet, Zambales, Bataan, Tarlac and Pampanga. Cloudy skies with light to moderate rains and thunderstorms is expected over Metro Manila and the rest of Luzon. Partly cloudy to cloudy skies with isolated rainshowers or thunderstorms will be experienced over the rest of the country.
Moderate to strong winds blowing from the southwest will prevail throughout the archipelago and the coastal waters will be moderate to rough.
We advise our readers to bookmark this page or check back for August 18, 2016 suspension of classes updates. You may also follow us via social media accounts at Facebook and Twitter. Detailed class suspension announcements courtesy of Rappler.