MANILA, Philippines – November 2, 2016 (All Souls’ Day), Wednesday was not declared as national holiday. As per Proclamation No. 1105 series of 2015, October 31, 2016 (Additional special non-working holiday) and November 1, 2016 (All Saints’ Day) are the only succeeding days (for November) declared as official holidays.
Meanwhile, other Local Government Units (LGUs) and offices have extended their holidays and declared class and work suspensions up to November 2, 2016.
As of 2:30 PM, October 29, 2016, below are the LGUs and schools that declared the date as non-working/ no classes day.
- Ateneo de Manila University – Office works will resume on November 2, 2016, Classes will resume November 3, 2016
- De La Salle University – Manila – All levels
- De La Salle University – Lipa- All levels
- De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde – No classes on October 31 to November 2, 2016
- Lyceum of the Philippines University – Manila – All levels
- St. Louis University – As announced by Fr. Gilbert Sales, classes will resume on November 3, 2016
- St. Paul University Manila – All levels
- Technological Institute of the Philippines – Office works will resume on November 2, 2016, Classes will resume November 3, 2016
- University of Santo Tomas (UST) – Undas Break from 28 October 2016 (Friday) to 3 November 2016 (Thursday), classes and office works will resume November 4, 2016
- Ilagan City, Isabela – City Mayor Mudz C. Diaz declared November 2, 2016 as additional Non-Working Day in the City of Ilagan in observance of the All Soul’s Day, by virtue of an Executive Order No. 021 series of 2016
- Polytechnic University of the Philippines – All levels
- Province of Misamis Occidental
- Toledo City, Cebu – Suspension of work in all government offices as declared by Mayor John Henry R. Osmena
For Christians, All Souls’ Day commemorates the faithful departed, in particular (but not exclusively) one’s relatives. In Western Christianity the annual celebration is now held on 2 November and is associated with the three days of Allhallowtide, including All Saints’ Day (1 November) and its vigil, Halloween (31 October). -Wikipedia
To receive updates on further announcements about work and class suspensions on November 2, 2016, we advise our readers to bookmark this page or follow us at our social media pages via Facebook and Twitter.