MANILA, Philippines - PRC amended few provisions in the Resolution No. 2013-774 Series of 2013 or the Revised Guidelines on the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) program for all Registered and Licensed professionals through Resolution No. 2016-990 series of 2016.
Parts of the amendments include the creation and composition of two (2) members for CPD Council (Section 5 of Section 2), completion of the required CPD units every three (3) years of registered and licensed professionals or as specified in their Professional Regulatory Law (Section 19 of Section 5), amendments on qualifications for accreditation of CPD providers (Section 14 of Section 4), maximum creditable units for self-directed and/or lifelong learning (Section 20 of Section 6) and quality assurance review (Section 7).
- How to Earn CPD Units for PRC ID License Renewal?
- List of CPD Providers for all PRC-regulated Professions
- 120 Credit Units - Accountancy
- 45 Credit Units - Aeronautical Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, Agriculture, Architecture, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Criminology, Customs Brokers, Dentistry, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Environmental Planning, Fisheries, Forestry, Geodetic Engineering, Geology, Guidance and Counseling, Interior Design, Landscape Architecture, Librarian, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Technology, Medicine, Metallurgical Engineering, Midwifery, Mining Engineering, Naval Architecture, Nursing, Nutrition and Dietetics, Occupational Therapy, Optometry, Pharmacy, Physical Therapy, Professional Teachers, Psychology, Radiologic Technology, Real Estate Service, Respiratory Therapy, Sanitary Engineering, Social Work and Veterinary Medicine
- 30 Credit Units - Chemical Technician, Dental Technician, Dental Hygienist, Master Electrician, Electronics Technician, Master Plumbing, Certified Plant Mechanic, Medical Laboratory Technician, Metallurgical Plant Foreman, Mine/Miluquarry Foreman, Detailman, X-Ray Technician and Real Estate Sales Person
As per the latest announcement from PRC, the requirements for CPD units for renewal of PRC ID will start on March 2017.
The Continuing Professional Development Program Management Committee (CPD-PMC) of the Professional Regulation Commission clarifies that Continuing Professional Development (CPD) as mandatory requirement in the renewal of professional license under Section 10 of R.A. 10912, otherwise known as the CPD Law of 2016, shall be implemented after the effectivity of the Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of R.A. 10912 which will be in March 2017. Thereafter, the CPD Council for each regulated profession shall issue its Operational Guidelines to implement the general IRR for its profession.PRC emphasized that Registered and Licensed Professionals shall comply with the law. As quoted from PRC,
If you did not comply, then you will not be permitted to renew your license. Practicing your profession without an updated license is punishable by law. As stated in the law, CPD is a mandatory requirement in the renewal of Professional ID Card (PIC). If a professional fail to comply with this, he/she will not be able to renew her PIC. Also, as stated in the law, RA 10912, Article 3, Section 13, "All concerned government agencies and private firms and organization employing professionals shall include the CPD as part of their human resource development plan and program". Your employer should be able to help you comply with CPD as well. Another thing, there are a lot of ways you can earn CPD Units and it is something to be done in a span of 3 years or your next renewal.OFWs are not exempted. As quoted,
OFW professionals also need to comply with the CPD units requirements. You can earn CPD units abroad provided that you have supporting documents to prove it. The CPD council for your profession will dictate the equivalency of such seminars.Meanwhile, here is the full text of Resolution No. 2016-990 courtesy of the Professional Regulation Commission.
To receive updates on any announcements about CPD, we advise our readers to bookmark this page, visit PRC official website or follow us at our social media pages via Facebook and Twitter.