MANILA, Philippines – Class and work suspensions on December 18, 2017 (Monday) are announced at certain areas by Local Government Units (LGUs) due to inclement weather conditions brought by Tropical Depression “Urduja”. As of 7:30 PM, below is the list of areas with class suspensions on Monday, December 18, 2017.
- No class suspensions announced as of this posting
- Odiongan, Rombon – Elementary to Highschool
- Baco, Oriental Mindoro – Preschool to Senior High School (Public and Private)
- Mansalay, Oriental Mindoro – All levels (Public and Private)
- Naujan, Oriental Mindoro – All levels (Public and Private)
- Pinamalayan, Oriental Mindoro – All levels (Public and Private)
- Roxas, Oriental Mindoro – All levels (Public and Private)
- Socorro, Oriental Mindoro – Preschool to Senior High School (Public and Private)
- Coron, Palawan – Preschool to Senior High School (Public and Private)
- Naval, Biliran – All levels
- To be updated soon as schools announce class cancellations
This is a developing story, stay tuned at this article for real-time updates on classes and work cancellations.
Meanwhile, cancellation of classes for colleges and universities will be at discretion of school officials/ administrators.
PAGASA WEATHER UPDATE
According to PAGASA weather update issued at: 5:00 PM today, 17 December 2017,
Tropical Depression “Urduja” slightly change its course and is now heading towards Aklan.
Scattered to widespread rains will continue over southern part of Mindoro Provinces, Marinduque, Romblon, Palawan, Aklan, Capiz and Antique. Residents of these areas must undertake appropriate measures against flooding and landslides and coordinate with their local disaster risk reduction and management offices.
Sea travel is not advised over the seaboards of areas under TCWS.
Meanwhile, at 2:00 PM today, the Tropical Depression outside the PAR was estimated based on all available data at 1,950 km East of Mindanao (4.8°N, 143.6°E) with maximum sustained winds of 40 km/h near the center and gustiness of up to 50 km/h.
Signal No. 1 is raised on the following areas:
- Southern part of Mindoro
Note: PAGASA weather announcement will be updated soon as the latest forecast has been posted.
Here is the automatic class suspension guidelines from DepEd.
We advise our readers to bookmark this page or check back for December 18, 2017 (Monday) suspensions of classes updates. You may also follow us via social media accounts at Facebook and Twitter.