Manila, Philippines – The Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) announced the schedule of application, deadline of filing as well as requirements for application in May 2018 and October 2018 CPA board exams.
The licensure exams for Certified Public Accountants (CPAs) will be held on the following dates at various testing centers in Manila and selected Regional Offices nationwide.
Below is the detailed schedule for May 2018 and October 2018 CPA as per PRC Resolution entitled “Schedule of Licensure Examination for the Year 2018”.
|Name of Examination||Date/s of Exam||Day/s||Place||Opening of Online Processing||Deadline of Filing|
|Certified Public Accountants||October 6, 7 & 13, 2018||Sa, Su, Sa||Manila, Baguio, Cagayan de Oro, Cebu, Davao, Iloilo, Legaspi, Lucena, Tacloban and Tuguegarao||June 29, 2018||August 28, 2018|
ONLINE APPLICATION PORTAL
PRC also reminds applicants to secure all requirements and payment before proceeding to PRC centers for further processing of applications and also avoid further inconvenience.
- As prescribed by RA No. 9298, a citizen of the Philippines or an alien whose country has reciprocity with the Philippines can apply.
- No age requirement
- The applicant is of good moral character and good moral reputation with moral values, has not been convicted by final judgment by court for an offense involving moral turpitude.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: FIRST TIMERS
- Original and photo copies of Transcript of Records with Special Order, Date of Graduation, seal of the school, with scanned picture and remarks ” For Board examination Purposes Only” (Res. 2004-200, s’04) (Ched recognition / permit to operate for graduates of new schools / programs)
- Original and photo copies of Birth Certificate (NSO)
- Four (4) passport size colored pictures with complete name printed
- Metered Documentary Stamps
- Community Tax Certificate / Cedula
- Examination Fee of 900 Pesos
- NBI Clearance
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: CONDITIONAL/ REMOVAL
- Original and photo copies of Transcript of Records & NSO Birth Certificate (with same specifications above. After two (2) failures, Refresher Course Effective – October, 1976
- Examination Fee of 450 Pesos
- NBI Clearance
- Note: Effective May 2007 onwards, all graduates with a Bachelor’s Degree, Major in Accounting such as BSC, BSBA, BBA, who will file for the first time will not be allowed anymore (provision of R.A. 9298 up to 2006 only) Repeaters Non-BSA repeaters will be allowed to take the exam to indicate Refresher Course validity
The requirements and details posted above are based on the table of qualification and documentary requirements to accompany an application to take licensure examination courtesy of the Professional Regulation Commission.
The most recent CPA was held last October 2017 at selected Regional Testing centers nationwide. 4,511 out of 14,816 (30.45%) examinees successfully passed the exams. Results are released after ten (10) working days.
In the same exams conducted May 2017 at selected Regional Testing centers nationwide, 3,389 out of 9,645 (35.13%) examinees successfully passed. Results are released after five (5) working days.
On October 2016 CPA, 5,249 out of 14,390 (36.48%) successfully passed. Results were released after eight (8) working days.
To receive fast and reliable news and announcements regarding the Licensure Examinations for CPA, we advise our readers to visit PRC official website or follow us at our social media accounts via Facebook and Twitter.