Manila, Philippines – The Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) announced the schedule of online application, as well as requirements for application in April 2020 and September 2020 Registered Electrical Engineering (REE) licensure exams.
The board exams for EE will be held on April 14-15, 2020 and September 4 & 5, 2020 at designated testing locations in NCR/ Manila, Baguio, Cagayan de Oro, Cebu, Davao, Iloilo, Legaspi, Lucena, Tacloban and Zamboanga.
RELATED ARTICLE: Registered Master Electrician (RME) Board Exam 2020
Below is the detailed schedule for 2020 Registered Electrical Engineering licensure exams per PRC Resolution No. 1210 s. 2019 or the Schedule of Licensure Examinations for the Year 2020.
|Name of Examination||Date/s of Exam||Day/s||Place||Opening of Online Processing||Deadline of Filing|
|Registered Electrical Engineer||September 4 & 5||F, Sa||NCR, Baguio, Cagayan de Oro, Cebu, Davao, Iloilo, Legaspi, Lucena, Tacloban and Zamboanga||June 5, 2020||August 4, 2020|
See Also: How to Pass Licensure Exam? Tips from Board Passers
COVID-19/ CORONAVIRUS – ENHANCED COMMUNITY QUARANTINE
Pursuant to Presidential Proclamation No. 922 dated March 8, 2020 declaring a state of public health emergency throughout the country, and the recommendations of the Department of Health (DOH) and Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) for the Management of Emerging Infectious Disease to prohibit mass gatherings, PRC has cancelled board exams scheduled on March and April 2020.
REE is one of the cancelled licensure exams due to Coronavirus pandemic.
Likewise, for appointments set from March 17, 2020 to April 12, 2020, they will be accommodated upon resumption on April 13, 2020.
REE ONLINE APPLICATION 2020
Applicants are likewise advised to apply online via https://online1.prc.gov.ph/ or https://online.prc.gov.ph/ before going to the venue. Applicants are also encouraged to pay through UCPB (over-the-counter), Land Bank (i-access), or PayMaya.
For first timers in PRC REE online application, you may also want to read the step-by-step guide.
LIST OF REQUIREMENTS
PRC also reminds applicants to secure all requirements before proceeding to PRC centers for further processing of applications and also avoid further inconvenience.
- NSO / PSA Birth Certificate
- NSO / PSA Marriage Contract (for married female applicants)
- Transcript of Records with scanned picture and Remarks “For Board Examination Purposes” (first timers and repeaters)
- Payment of 900 pesos – complete
- Payment of 450 pesos – removal/conditioned
- *Re-examination of failed subjects is allowed any number of times
The requirements and details posted above are based on the list of documentary requirements to accompany an application to take licensure examination for Registered Electrical Engineering courtesy of the Professional Regulation Commission.
COVERAGE OF REE BOARD EXAMS
The April 2020 and September 2020 Registered Electrical Engineering board exam covered the following topics:
- Mathematics (Algebra, Trigonometry, Analytic Geometry, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus, Complex Numbers and Space Vectors, Probability and Statistics, Matrices and Determinants, Sequences and Series, Other Engineering Mathematics such as Differential Equations, Fourier Series, Laplace Transforms, and others)
- Engineering Sciences and Allied Subjects (General Chemistry, College Physics, Engineering Materials, Engineering Mechanics, Thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanics, Engineering Economics and Management, Electrical Engineering Law and Code of Ethics, Contracts and Specifications, Computer Fundamentals and Programming, Philippine Electrical Code, Parts 1 & 2 and others)
- Electrical Engineering Professional Subjects (Quantities/units/constants, Electrical Materials, Passive Circuit Elements, Active Circuits Elements, AC Impedance, Instruments and Measurements, DC Electric Circuits, Transient Response, Magnetic Circuits, AC Electric Circuits, AC Generators, DC Generators, Energy Sources, Energy Conversion, Prime Movers, Rotating Electric Machinery, Power System Components, AC Transmission, DC Transmission, Power System Interconnection, Substation Design, Power Distribution, Wiring Design for Buildings, Power Electronics, Industrial Electronics, Illumination, Telecommunications, Computer Application in Electrical Power Industry and others)
In the most recent Electrical Engineering licensure exam held on September 2019, 3,285 out of 4,891 (67.16%) examinees passed. Mikhael Glen Borja Lataza from University of San Carlos clinched the top spot having 92.60% rating followed by Gerald Magalona Mier from Bicol University Legazpi ganering 92.05%. University of Batangas and University of the Philippines Diliman shared the top spot in the top performing schools list having 100% passing rate followed by University of Saint Louis Tuguegarao having 98.08%.
During April 2019 REE board exams, 1,600 out of 2,548 (62.79%) examinees passed. Christian Yecyec Cahig from Mindanao State University – Iligan Institute of Technology and Clark Sigmund Rabano De Castro from University of the Philippines Los Baños ranked first in the exams garnering a rating of 93.50%. University of the Philippines Los Baños was the top performing school having all of its examinees passed or 100% overall passing rate followed by University of Batangas having 97.06%.
In September 2018 exams, 3,135 out of 4,697 (66.74%) examinees passed. Niño Boy Armario Dacer from Bicol University – Legazpi ranked first in the REE exams garnering 93.05% rating followed by Eljhon Jaen Capili from Colegio de San Juan de Letran – Intramuros and Lego Marcelo Palima Villalba from Xavier University, both having 92.15%. University of Santo Tomas and University of Saint Louis – Tuguegarao topped the exams having all of their examinees passed or 100% passing rate followed by University of Batangas having 98.31%.
On April 2018 EE exams, 1,315 out of 2,523 (52.12%) examinees passed. Kevin Restubog Relleve from University of the Philippines Los Baños topped the REE exams garnering a rating of 92.75% followed by Jamila Aria Grepo Macagba also from UPLB having 91.25%. In the RME exams, Jayson Butad Bonajos from Bohol Island State University in Tagbilaran ranked first in the exams having 93.00% rating followed by Jan Brix Matreo Castillo from De La Salle University – Lipa having 92.00%. UPLB was the lone school in the top performing schools list having 100% passing rate.
During the REE board exams held on September 2017, 2,807 out of 4,460 (62.94%) examinees passed. Edilbert Vallecera Tandaan from Camarines Sur Polytechnic College – Nabua topped the exams garnering 91.80% rating followed by Ronel Del Rosario Mananap from University of Batangas having 91.70%. In the top performing schools category, University of Santo Tomas topped the schools in having 98.67% overall passing rate followed by Polytechnic University of the Philippines – Sto. Tomas garnering 96.36% passing rate.
To receive fast and reliable news and announcements regarding the online applications for Registered Electrical Engineering licensure exams for 2020, we advise our readers to visit PRC official website or follow us at our social media accounts via Facebook and Twitter.
pwede na ba mag bigayb ng application para sa REE board exam? face to face?