Manila, Philippines – The Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) announced the schedule of online application, as well as requirements for application in July 2020 Psychology Licensure Exam.
The board exams for Psychologists will be held on July 5-6, 2020 at designated testing locations in NCR/ Manila.
Below is the detailed schedule for 2020 Psychology licensure exams per PRC Resolution No. 1210 s. 2019 or the Schedule of Licensure Examinations for the Year 2020.
|Name of Examination||Date/s of Exam||Day/s||Place||Opening of Online Processing||Deadline of Filing|
|Psychologists||July 5 & 6||Su, M||NCR||*April 24, 2020||June 23, 2020|
COVID-19/ CORONAVIRUS – ENHANCED COMMUNITY QUARANTINE
Pursuant to Presidential Proclamation No. 922 dated March 8, 2020 declaring a state of public health emergency throughout the country, and the recommendations of the Department of Health (DOH) and Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) for the Management of Emerging Infectious Disease to prohibit mass gatherings, PRC postponed the board exams scheduled on March-April 2020 and May-June 2020.
*Due to the extension of Enhanced Community Quarantine until April 30, 2020. PRC advised:
- For PRC offices in Luzon, all confirmed online appointments until April 30, 2020 will be accommodated beginning May 4, 2020, Mondays to Fridays, during office hours, and until further notice.
- For PRC offices in Visayas and Mindanao, all confirmed online appointments will be accommodated the next working days following the lifting of any local declaration of community quarantine period, and until further notice.
ONLINE APPLICATION 2020
Applicants are likewise advised to apply online via https://online1.prc.gov.ph/ or https://online.prc.gov.ph/ before going to the venue. Applicants are also encouraged to pay through UCPB (over-the-counter), Land Bank (i-access), or PayMaya.
For first timers in PRC online application, you may also want to read the step-by-step guide.
LIST OF REQUIREMENTS
PRC also reminds applicants to secure all requirements before proceeding to PRC centers for further processing of applications and also avoid further inconvenience.
- NSO / PSA Birth Certificate
- NSO / PSA Marriage Contract (for married female applicants)
- Transcript of Records with scanned picture and Remarks “For Board Examination Purposes” (first timers and repeaters)
- CAV for those school without SO number.
- Valid NBI Clearance (First Timers & Repeaters)
- Three (3) Good Moral Character Certificate from any of the following:
- Payment of P900.00 – complete
- *Mental Health Certification – signed by Registered Psychologist
- *Has undergone a minimum of two hundred (200) hours of supervised practicum/ internship / clinical experience related to services enumerated in b of Section 3 of R.A. No. 10029 and under auspices of a license psychologist or other licensed mental health professional
The requirements and details posted above are based on the list of documentary requirements to accompany an application to take licensure examination for Psychologists courtesy of the Professional Regulation Commission.
COVERAGE OF PSYCHOLOGY BOARD EXAMS
The July 2020 Psychologist board exams covered subjects including the advanced theories of personality, psychological counseling and psychotherapy, advanced psychological assessment and advanced abnormal psychology.
In the most recent exams held on October 2019, 205 out of 285 (71.93%) examinees passed. Mary Christine Arreza Odtojan from Xavier University ranked first in the exams garnering a rating of 85.10% followed by Mary Grace Antonio Ang from University of the Cordilleras having 84.80% and Jet Uy Buenconsejo from Ateneo de Manila University – QC having 84.75%. De La Salle University – Manila was the top performing school having 95.24% overall passing rate.
During October 2018 exams, 127 out of 189 (67.20%) examinees passed. Angeli Charmaine Cua Tan from University of Santo Tomas (UST) clinched the top spot having 86.85% rating followed by Kim Ronaline Bautista Salvador from University of the Philippines (UP) Diliman having 85.65% and Rachelle Abadilla Bersamin from Ateneo de Davao University having 85.15%. Ateneo de Manila University (ADMU) – Quezon City (QC) was the lone school in the top performing schools list having 95.45% overall passing rate.
During October 2017 exams, 96 out of 148 (64.86%) examinees passed. Anna Cristina Angeles Tuazon from UP – Diliman ranked first in the exams garnering 82.90% rating followed by Karen Joy Dungog Patayon from Silliman University having 82.75% and Niño Bandoles Galacgac from De La Salle University (DLSU) – Manila having 82.05%. DLSU Manila was the lone school in the top performing schools’ list having 19 out of 23 examinees passed or 82.61% overall passing rate.
On August 2016 psychologist board exams, 63 out of 120 (52.50%) examinees passed. Cherie Ann Tam Lo and Sabrina Chua Caedo Tan, both from ADMU – QC, clinched the first two (2) spots. ADMU – QC, was the only school in the top performing schools list having an overall passing rate of 87.50%.
During July 2015 Psychologist board exam, 36 out of 76 (47.37%) examinees passed. Due to less number of examinees, there were only three (3) top spots declared. Sampaguita Adapon from Ateneo de Manila University – Quezon City topped the board exam having 82.30% rating. She was followed by Marie Rose Morales from De La Salle University Manila garnering 81.70% and Anne Marie Topacia having 80.80%.
To receive fast and reliable news and announcements regarding the Psychology licensure exams for July 2020, we advise our readers to visit PRC official website or follow us at our social media accounts via Facebook and Twitter.