MANILA – The February 2021 Social Worker board exam results and passers are released by the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) Board for Social Worker three (3) working days after the licensure exam.
As announced, 495 out of 1,473 examinees passed.
The February 2021 Social Work licensure exam results include the complete list of passers, list of topnotchers (top 10 passers), list of top performing schools (if applicable), among important reminders.
The Social Worker board exams were conducted on February 10-12, 2021 at PRC testing centers in NCR, Baguio, Cagayan de Oro, Cebu, Davao, Iloilo, Legaspi, Lucena, Pagadian, Rosales, Tacloban, Tuguegarao and Zamboanga by PRC Board for Social Workers headed by its Chairman, Lorna C. Gabad and its members, Mary Ofelia L. Endaya, Rosetta G. Palma, Fe J. Sinsona and Ely B. Acosta.
Roll of Successful Examinees in the
SOCIAL WORKER LICENSURE EXAMINATION
Held on FEBRUARY 10, 2021 & FF. Days
Released on FEBRUARY 17, 2021
LIST OF TOP 10 EXAMINEES
PERFORMANCE OF SCHOOLS AND TOP PERFORMING SCHOOLS
SCHEDULE OF REGISTRATION
The schedule of online appointment for issuance of Professional ID and Certificate of Registration for the new licensed social workers will be from April 5 to April 8, 2021.
Initial registrants are advised to register online via PRC official website and follow the steps in online registration. Here are the registration requirements:
- Notice of Admission/NOA (for identification purposes only)
- Duly accomplished Oath Form or Panunumpa ng Propesyonal
- Two (2) pieces of passport-sized ID photos in white background and with complete name tag
- Two (2) sets of documentary stamp
- One (1) piece short brown envelope
PRC added that successful examinees shall personally register and sign in the Roster of Registered Professionals.
RELEASE OF RESULTS
As per PRC Resolution No. 1283 series of 2020 entitled “Schedule of Licensure Examinations for Year 2021“, the target date of release for Social Worker February 2021 is on February 17, 2021 (Wednesday) or three (3) working days after the exams. However, results may also be released earlier or later than the target release date even without prior notice.
The oathtaking ceremony of the new licensed Social Workers will be done online, now referred as the e-oath, unless changed and announced officially. The application system for the e-oath can also be accessed online via PRC dedicated portal.
SOCIAL WORKER EXAM COVERAGE
The Social Worker board exam covered the following topics.
- Human Behavior and Social Environment
- Social Welfare Policies, Programs and Services
- Social Work Practices and Field Instruction
TAKING PRC EXAMS AMID COVID-19 PANDEMIC
To those who will still take the board exams for 2021, please be guided on the following guidelines amid COVID-19.
Per Memorandum No. 68 series of 2020, entitled “Updated Guidelines on the Strict Health Protocols to be Observed in the Conduct of Licensure Exams during the COVID-19 Pandemic”, examinees and examination personnel who fall under the following groups shall undergo the mandatory Reverse Transcription-Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) testing from any of the Department of Health (DOH) accredited facilities three to five (3-5) days before the examination date/s:
1.1. Suspect cases; or
1.2. Individuals with relevant history of travel and exposure (or contact), whether symptomatic or asymptomatic; and
1.3. Health care workers with possible exposure, whether symptomatic or asymptomatic. The following exposures should have happened two (2) days before or within fourteen (14) days from onset of symptoms of a confirmed or probable case:
1.3.1. Face-to-face contact with a confirmed case within one (1) meter and for more than fifteen (15) minutes;
1.3.2. Direct physical contact with a confirmed case;
1.3.3. Direct care for a patient with probable or confirmed COVID-19 disease without using proper personal protective equipment.
In this case, examinees and examination personnel shall be required to submit the result of their RT-PCR tests.
Only those examinees with negative results shall be allowed to take the examination.
However, if an examinee or examination personnel does not fall in the above-mentioned conditions, he/she may undergo a 14-day quarantine period wherein he/she is asymptomatic for at least 14 days prior to the scheduled examination date/s, provided that he/she has no close contact or exposure to the aforementioned cases, he/she shall be allowed to take/assist the examination in the absence of RT-PCR test.
A Certificate of Quarantine or its equivalent signed by any of the following shall be submitted instead:
2.1. Any licensed Physician (government or private physician);
2.2. Municipal Health Officer, Provincial Health Officer or City Health Officer;
2.3. Barangay Officer visiting the examinee’s residence attesting that he/she has been in quarantine for 14 days.
3. Examinees coming from other countries should be able to quarantine for 14 days or provide a negative RT-PCR test result whichever is shorter.
4. All examination personnel including the PNP/PRC Security Officers assigned in the Confidential Printing Room (CPR) and those assigned to transport and secure the test materials in various testing venues shall undergo the RT-PCR test to assure their safety as well as to those involved in the administration of examination. Only those mentioned personnel with negative RT-PCR result and Certificate of Quarantine shall be allowed to assist/administer the same.
HEALTH STANDARDS FOR EXAMINEES AND EXAMINATION PERSONNEL
1. All examinees and examination personnel shall enforce the following precautionary measures among themselves:
- Observe physical distancing of two (2) meters between examinees. Examinees shall be restricted to their assigned seat;
- Wear face mask (at least 3-ply surgical mask, preferably N95 mask) and face shield at all times;
- Bring 70% ethyl alcohol for hand disinfection;
- Wear latex gloves for exam personnel handling the test questionnaires.
2. Examinee shall submit the duly accomplished Informed Consent (Annex A) and Health Declaration (Annex B) forms with the Notice of Admission (NOA) and the negative RT-PCR test result/Quarantine Certificate to the proctor on the examination day.
Informed Consent and Health Declaration Forms can be downloaded on the PRC official website (www.prc.gov.ph);
3. Examinees and examination personnel shall bring their own meals (pre-packed meal/snack and drink) to be eaten during breaks, while being in their assigned seats.
Face masks will only be removed when taking meals or drinks. Windows will be opened to improve ventilation during breaks;
4. Examinees shall bring their own pens, pencils and erasers. Borrowing from seatmate is not allowed to prevent cross-contamination;
5. Talking and loitering are prohibited in the hallways or in the examination room.
For concerns, you may reach PRC at below email addresses:
To receive regular updates about February 2021 Social Worker board exams as well as other related announcements, we advise our visitors to bookmark this page, visit PRC official website, follow us at our social media pages via Facebook and Twitter or join the members discussions at our Facebook Group.