MANILA, Philippines – Class suspensions for Friday, August 12, 2016 are announced at certain areas by Local Government Units (LGUs) due to heavy rains brought by Southwestern Monsoon or ‘Habagat’.
As of 11:00 AM today, below is the list of areas with suspensions of classes.
- Caloocan – Afternoon classes at all levels (Public and Private)
- Manila – Afternoon classes at all levels (Public and Private)
- Malabon – Afternoon classes at all levels (Public and Private)
- Navotas – Afternoon classes at all levels (Public and Private)
- Pasay – Afternoon classes Preschool to High chool (Public and Private)
- Valenzuela City – All levels(Public and Private) “Afternoon classes in all levels public & private are suspended today in Valenzuela City due to expected heavy rains.”
- UE Caloocan – PM classes suspended
Meanwhile, cancellation of classes for colleges and universities will be at discretion of school officials/ administrators.
On August 11, 2016, LGUs from certain areas have declared no classes from preschool, Senior Highschool to college due to harsh weather conditions.
PAGASA WEATHER UPDATE
According to PAGASA weather update issued at: 5:00 PM, August 11, 2016,
Southwest Monsoon affecting Luzon and Western Visayas.
Monsoon rains which may trigger flashfloods and landslides will be experienced over CALABARZON, MIMAROPA and the provinces of Zambales, Bataan and Pangasinan. Cloudy skies with light to moderate rains and thunderstorms will prevail over Metro Manila, Ilocos Region, Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR), Western Visayas and the rest of Luzon. Partly cloudy to cloudy skies with isolated rainshowers or thunderstorms is expected over the rest of the country.
Moderate to strong winds blowing from the southwest will prevail throughout the archipelago and the coastal waters will be moderate to rough.