Manila, Philippines – The Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) announced the schedule of online application, as well as requirements for application in November 2020 Criminology Licensure Examination (CLE).
The board exams for criminologists will be held on November 29, 30 and December 1, 2020 at designated testing locations in Manila, Zamboanga and all Regional Offices nationwide.
Update May 8, 2020: PRC announced the new/re-scheduled dates of all postponed/cancelled board exams from March to June 2020 due to Enhanced Community Quanrantine brought by COVID-19 pandemic.
Likewise, those applicants who already have filed their application for examination and issued the Notice of Admission (NOA) will no longer be required to file a new application.
|Name of Examination||Date/s of Exam||Day/s||Place||Opening of Online Processing||Deadline of Filing|
|Criminologist||November 29, 30 and December 1, 2020||Su, Mo, Tue||National Capital Region (NCR), Zamboanga, All Regional Offices nationwide||June 16, 2020||September 28, 2020|
CLE Applicants are likewise advised to apply online via https://online1.prc.gov.ph/ or https://online.prc.gov.ph/ before going to the venue. Applicants are also encouraged to pay through UCPB (over-the-counter), Land Bank (i-access), or PayMaya.
For first timers in PRC CLE online application, you may also want to read the step-by-step guide.
LIST OF REQUIREMENTS
PRC also reminds applicants to secure all requirements before proceeding to PRC centers for further processing of applications and also avoid further inconvenience.
- NSO / PSA Birth Certificate
- NSO / PSA Marriage Contract (for married female applicants)
- Transcript of Records with scanned picture and Remarks “For Board Examination Purposes”
- Valid NBI Clearance (first timers and repeaters)
- RTC Clearance (first timers and repeaters)
- Three (3) Certificate of Good Moral Character from the following: (First Timer & Repeater )
- Barangay Chairman
- Parish Priest
- Dean of School
- Payment of 900 pesos.
The requirements and details posted above are based on the list of documentary requirements to accompany an application to take licensure examination for criminologists courtesy of the Professional Regulation Commission.
COVERAGE OF CRIMINOLOGY BOARD EXAMS
The November 2020 CLE covered the following topics:
- Criminal Jurisprudence, Procedure And Evidence (criminal law book I, criminal law book II; criminal procedure, evidence and court testimony)
- Law Enforcement Administration (police organization and administration with police planning, industrial security administration, police patrol operations with police communication system, police intelligence, police personnel and records management, comparative police system)
- Criminalistics (personal identification, police photography, forensic ballistics, questioned documents examination, polygraph — lie detection, legal medicine)
- Crime Detection And Investigation (fundamentals of criminal investigation, traffic management and accident investigation, special crime investigation, organized crime investigation, drug education and vice control , fire technology and arson investigation)
- Sociology of Crimes and Ethics (introduction to criminology and psychology of crimes, Philippine criminal justice system, ethics and values, juvenile delinquency, human behavior and crisis management and criminological research and statistics)
- Correctional Administration (institutional corrections, non institutional corrections)
In the most recent CLE held on November 2019, 19,191 out of 43,512 examinees passed. Ahadale Saripada Abbas from John Paul II College ranked first in the exams garnering a rating of 91.20% followed by John Patrick Aguado Privado from Eulogio Rodriguez Institute of Science and Technology having 90.75%. Cavite State University was the top performing school followed by Tarlac State University having 97.06% overall passing rate.
On June 2019 CLE, 7,998 out of 20,797 (38.46%) examinees passed. John Bonrev Roi Villasin Rodas from Manuel S. Enverga University Foundation – Lucena City ranked first in the exams garnering a rating of 90.50% followed by Alben Deposa Ponso from Davao Oriental State College of Science and Technology having 90.10% and Rosanie Galve Bulacja from Bago City College garnering 89.95%. University of the Cordilleras (UC) was the top performing school having all of its examinees passed followed by Lipa City Colleges having 87.27% overall passing rate.
During December 2018 CLE, 14,324 out of 41,341 (34.65%) examinees passed. Ella Jeanne Chavez Salvador from Unibersidad de Zamboanga ranked first in the exams followed by Christine Joy Sudla Miranda from Araullo University having 90.90% and Philip Dominic Moreno Pendang from University of Mindanao – Davao City having 90.65%. Tarlac State University was the top performing school having 98.25% followed by King’s College of the Philippines Bambang Inc. having 96.23% and Cavite State University having 95.38%.
To receive fast and reliable news and announcements regarding the online applications for Criminologist Licensure Examination/ CLE for November 2020, we advise our readers to visit PRC official website or follow us at our social media accounts via Facebook and Twitter.