CLE 2023 Results are out! The Criminology Licensure Exam results for April 2023 are released by the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) on May 4, 2023, sixteen (16) working days after the exams.
As announced, 4,139 out of 13,000 (31.84%) examinees successfully passed the exams. “The result of examination with respect to one (1) examinee was withheld pending final determination of his/her liabilities under the rules and regulations governing licensure examinations.”
CLE 2023 Related Results
- CLE List of Passers: A-F | G-L | M-R | S-Z
- Top 10: Criminology Board Exam Results April 2023
- Top Performing Schools: Criminologist Licensure Exam Results April 2023
Roll of Successful Examinees in the
CRIMINOLOGIST LICENSURE EXAMINATION
Held on April 3-5, 2023
Released on May 4, 2023
The Criminology board exam was conducted on April 3-5, 2023, at several testing centers located at NCR, Baguio, Butuan, Cagayan de Oro, Calapan, Cebu, Davao, Iloilo, Koronadal, Legazpi, Lucena, Pagadian, Pampanga, Rosales, Tacloban, Tuguegarao, Zamboanga, Antique, Bacolod, Bayambang, Bohol, Calbayog City, Cauayan, Dumaguete, Ilocos Norte, Ilocos Sur, Kidapawan, Occidental Mindoro, Naga, and Palawan.
The Board of Criminology Chairman, Hon. Ramil G. Gabao, and its members, Hon. Lani T. Palmones, and Hon. Warren M. Corpuz, headed the licensure exams.
Schedule of Registration
The schedule of online appointments for issuance of Professional ID and Certificate of Registration for the new Criminologists will be held on the following date(s).
|Date(s) of Registration: June 5 – 9 and June 13, 2023|
Initial registrants are advised to register online via PRC official website https://online.prc.gov.ph/ and follow the steps in online registration. Here are the registration requirements:
- Notice of Admission/NOA (for identification purposes only)
- Duly accomplished Oath Form or Panunumpa ng Propesyonal
- Two (2) pieces of passport-sized ID photos on white background with a complete name tag
- Two (2) sets of documentary stamp
- One (1) piece short brown envelope
PRC added that successful examinees should personally register and sign in to the Roster of Registered Professionals.
Verification of Rating
The verification of ratings and test results for the Criminologist licensure exams given by the PRC Board of Criminology will be available online a few working days after the posting of results.
Successful takers can refer to PRC official website and use the Verification Page to know their board examination passing rate.
As posted, a passer shall only provide the exam name, the date of examination, the application number, first name and last name, and the birth date.
All successful examinees interested in attending the face-to-face mass oath-taking shall register no later than 12:00 NN of the day before the date of the oath-taking at http://online.prc.gov.ph to confirm their attendance.
Further, inductees shall bring ANY of the following on the day of the oath-taking:
- Vaccination Card
- Negative RT-PCR results took within 48 hours before the oath-taking
Inductees are advised to register and confirm their attendance in the regions where they took their licensure examination and intend to register as professionals.
Once announced, the exact date(s) of whether the oath-taking will be conducted face-to-face or virtual/online will be provided here. Here are some helpful resources from PRC:
- Step-by-step procedure for online oath-taking application system
- Specific Registration and ceremony protocols
Coverage of Criminologist Board Exams
The April 2023 Criminology licensure exam covered the following topics:
- Criminal Jurisprudence, Procedure, And Evidence (criminal law book I, criminal law book II; criminal procedure, evidence, and court testimony)
- Law Enforcement Administration (police organization and administration with police planning, industrial security administration, police patrol operations with police communication system, police intelligence, police personnel, and records management, comparative police system)
- Criminalistics (personal identification, police photography, forensic ballistics, questioned documents examination, polygraph — lie detection, legal medicine)
- Crime Detection And Investigation (fundamentals of criminal investigation, traffic management, accident investigation, special crime investigation, organized crime investigation, drug education, and vice control, fire technology, and arson investigation)
- Sociology of Crimes and Ethics (introduction to criminology and psychology of crimes, Philippine criminal justice system, ethics and values, juvenile delinquency, human behavior, and crisis management, and criminological research and statistics)
- Correctional Administration (institutional corrections, non-institutional corrections)
2023 Criminology Licensure Exam Schedule
Below is the 2023 Criminology Board exam schedule, including the opening and deadline for processing.
|Schedule||Dates of Application|
|April 3-5, 2023||December 16, 2022 – February 16, 2023|
|August 25-27, 2023||May 10 – July 10, 2023|
Criminology Board Exams Summary (Stats)
The criminology board exam is one of the programs with many examinees conducted by the PRC.
In the latest CLE held on December 2022, 11,098 out of 33,489 (33.14%) examinees passed. Narcilisa Ponase Talipnao from the University of Baguio topped the exams, followed by Daffodil Gayle Labarite Bautista from Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Colleges, having 90.95%. Tarlac State University was the top-performing school having a 100% passing rate.
12,698 out of 41,913 (30.30%) examinees hurdled the June 2022 criminology board exams. The CLE results were released twenty-nine (29) working days after the exams. Lyen Carel Togonan Garcia from the University of Mindanao – Davao City ranked first in the exams, earning 90.70%, and Arianne Patagnan Supat from Naval State University, 90.30%. University of the Cordilleras was the top-performing school having a 94.37% rating.
In December 2021 exams, 11,610 out of 33,983 (34.16%) examinees successfully passed. Brenyl Doning Abilla from the University of Mindanao – Tagum ranked first in the exams garnering a rating of 90.75%, followed by Benjamin Elegores Rinabor from Lake Lanao College, Inc., having 89.55. King’s College of Philippines Incorporated – Benguet was the top-performing school having a 98.97% overall passing rate.
During the November 2019 CLE, 19,191 out of 43,512 examinees passed. Fahadale Saripada Abbas from John Paul II College ranked first in the exams garnering a rating of 91.20%, followed by John Patrick Aguado Privado from Eulogio (Amang) Rodriguez Institute of Science and Technology, having 90.75%. Cavite State University was a top-performing school with an overall passing rate of 98.78%.
In the CLE held on June 2019, 7,998 out of 20,797 (38.46%) examinees passed. John Bonrev Roi Villasin Rodas from Manuel S. Enverga University Foundation – Lucena City ranked first in the exams garnering a rating of 90.50%, followed by Alben Deposa Ponso from Davao Oriental State College of Science and Technology having 90.10%, and Rosanie Galve Bulacja from Bago City College garnering 89.95%. University of the Cordilleras (UC) was the top performing school, having all its examinees passed, followed by Lipa City Colleges, having an 87.27% overall passing rate.
Here is the summary of results for CLE exams in previous years:
|Month of Exam||No. of Examinees||No. of Passers||Passing Rate (%)|
For those who want to clarify something, PRC advised to email them through the Licensure Exam Division at the below contacts:
To receive fast and reliable news and announcements regarding the Criminology board exams for 2023, we advise our readers to visit PRC official website.
If you have comments/reactions about this article, you can share them in the comment section below.